ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot install win7 mouse and keyboard not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot install win7 mouse and keyboard not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MroczQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot install win7 mouse and keyboard not working
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:15am
Hello, 
I hope someone is online now and can help me. 

I want to install WIN7 from USB. 
Unfortunatelly each time mouse and keyboard(both USB) are not working. 

Everyone are writing about USB legacy enable but I dont have this option in version 2.4 of UEFI. I even upgraded BIOS to 2.6 but nothing improved. 

I used http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/ patcher but it didnt help as well.

Can you advice me what to do? 

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:28am
Originally posted by MroczQ MroczQ wrote:

Hello, 

Everyone are writing about USB legacy enable but I dont have this option in version 2.4 of UEFI. I even upgraded BIOS to 2.6 but nothing improved. 

I used http://www.asrock.com/microsite/win7install/ patcher but it didnt help as well.

No idea what mother board you are using, but it seems it is an Intel 100 or 200 series chipset board.

The Windows 7 patcher is your only option, besides these two possibilities:

We don't know what board you have, and different UEFI versions may have new options that are not listed in the manual, but in the USB Configuration screen, do you see an option called Port 60/40 Emulation or something like PS/2 Emulation? If you do, try enabling that option to allow a USB keyboard to work when installing Windows 7. That is the purpose of that option.

Also, if you had an old PS/2 keyboard, or a USB to PS/2 adapter, you could use that when you install Windows 7.

When you do get Windows 7 installed, be very sure to install the Intel USB 3.0 driver found in the Windows 7 section of your board's download page. The Intel 100 and 200 series chipsets will only use a USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. That is a limitation from Intel. Otherwise none of the USB 2.0 will work until you install the USB 3.0 driver. Windows 7 does not have a built in USB 3.0 driver, and the combination of these two things causes this issue.
MroczQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MroczQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:44pm
I have AB 350 Pro4. and AMD CPU. 

Thats the problem, I dont see option to power up USB ports. 

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm

Use one of the USB 2.0 ports above the multi-use PS/2 port.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:18pm

An AM4 system, Ok.

You don't need to turn on power to the USB ports, they should work without any need to enable power to them. Why would a mother board manufacture configure the USB ports to be turned off by default?

Have you changed any settings in the UEFI/BIOS?

How could you update the UEFI/BIOS if the keyboard and mouse were not working?

Hello, 

You are using the wrong Windows 7 patcher. The link you posted above is for some Intel systems only, as it shows in the title at the top of that page.

The Windows 7 patcher for AM4 is listed in the Windows 7 download page for your board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#osW764

As said above, use the USB 2.0 ports on the IO panel. Something does not make sense here, what keyboard and mouse are you using?
xenoncodex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenoncodex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:50pm
HI Mate , i just used patcher from here
link will get you patcher that works  get real iso first yours may be corrupted obviously only use genuine iso download for yourself ONLY if you have purchased your win 7 previously , i know it works for everyone besides authentic windows users but i do not condone it
anyway ... iso first .... usb download tool next ... link above last    1 2 3 steps ABSOLOUTLY WORKS A TREAT my friend    ps softlay good for the iso win7 pro
xenoncodex
xenoncodex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenoncodex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:58pm
ps link i sent use complete from http o zip to get right patcher 
xenoncodex
MachinaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MachinaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 5:08am
Hello there, I tried using the Windows 7 patcher for USB 3.0, but it doesn't seem to get past the Formatting Drive screen. I have redone it with many different iso files, modified and unmodified/genuine, but it never seems to get past that. Extracting files, inserting drivers, formatting, then it gets stuck. I even left it over nigh to work itself out and it didn't.

My motherboard is an AB350m, with AM4 socket and Bristol Ridge AMD A8-9600 APU. The motherboard has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, but when attempting the install of Win7 my keyboard and mouse do not work, even when all of the devices needed are plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

Please help! I am desperate to downgrade to my favorite OS asap. 

Thanks for you help and I look forward to a response!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:09am
Originally posted by MachinaX MachinaX wrote:

Hello there, I tried using the Windows 7 patcher for USB 3.0, but it doesn't seem to get past the Formatting Drive screen. I have redone it with many different iso files, modified and unmodified/genuine, but it never seems to get past that. Extracting files, inserting drivers, formatting, then it gets stuck. I even left it over nigh to work itself out and it didn't.

My motherboard is an AB350m, with AM4 socket and Bristol Ridge AMD A8-9600 APU. The motherboard has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, but when attempting the install of Win7 my keyboard and mouse do not work, even when all of the devices needed are plugged into USB 2.0 ports.

Please help! I am desperate to downgrade to my favorite OS asap. 

Thanks for you help and I look forward to a response!

Look in your MB's Download page at ASRock for the Patcher to use when installing 7 while using a Bristol Ridge/Summit Ridge processor.
MachinaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MachinaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Look in your MB's Download page at ASRock for the Patcher to use when installing 7 while using a Bristol Ridge/Summit Ridge processor.

I did, mate. I did both the beta and the stable release. Still, nothing. Still stuck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic