ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 taichi reset on cold boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by wavetactic wavetactic wrote:

I actually do have advance boot training off. Only time I got a BSOD was when I tried fir 4ghz for fun. It just all strikes me as strange. I have just been leaving it at stock as of now. But at that point I would've gladly payed extra for like 1700x or 1800x.

Originally posted by wavetactic wavetactic wrote:

Interesting. For the last week or so my MB has been taking extremely long to boot up. like 80+ seconds. So I am starting to think it has some sort of defect. I have only tried the auto xmp settings so I might try setting it manual see if anything changes.

You're getting 80+ seconds startup time with AM4 Advance Boot Training disabled?

Disabling AM4 Advance Boot Training made a night and day difference in the PC startup time.

I think the Windows (8.1, 10) fast startup feature, which is only active from a cold boot, may be related to the cold start, startup problems.

What else do you have connected to your board? As in drives, what is the OS drive? Do you have some unusual USB devices connected to the board? Or multiple devices in the PCIe slots?
wavetactic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavetactic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:05pm
I believe it booted fine like the first time. As of now I just leave ultra fast boot with everything else at stock settings except for am4 boot training. I leave that disabled so that I could atleast overclock my ram through ryzen master. 

With ultra fast boot it's about 6-7 second boot up regardless of am4 boot training. The only thing is I cant access my bios on boot with ultra fast boot enabled. And I have just left it like that since the bios is extremely laggy and and feels pretty much unusable. I keep going back every other day see if anything has changed but it's still pretty unbearable to traverse that bios. I have even tried to reinstall the 2.4 update. Just messaged newegg see if I can get an rma.

The only thing I have connected to pcie would be my gtx 1080ti.
500gb 850 evo as my drive.
I don't have anything unusual plugged in either. Very simple build imo
Boot drive, CPU, stock cpu fan, GPU, gflarex ram, case fans/case usb literally just about everything connected to the main board.
wavetactic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wavetactic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm
-Update
Seems like my MB actually was defective.
The 3.00 update actually allowed some of my overclocks to persist which was a nice surprise. The bios still took way too long to post (the 3.00 update with flash utility took about an hour). So I ended up doing an RMA with newegg. And so far everything is great!!

My bios is actually usable now instead of the extreme lag felt before, boots quickly, and my overclocks persisted even before I updated to 3.00. Thanks everyone for the input!
Zendal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zendal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm
Bios 4.40. Same problem with cold boot resetting default settings with overclocked RAM that is tested and stable. Standard reboots work just fine. Tried with CMS on/off and Auto RAM training on/off.

Same issue with 4.41 Beta

If I immediately enter BIOS when it's done cycling all my previous values are still there so I just have to save and exit and then everything works as expected. Kind of annoying, honestly. 

Edited by Zendal - 24 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic