ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock motherboard refuse booting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaestevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock motherboard refuse booting
    Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:09pm
Hi,

I just bought a "Asrock 970 Extreme3 r2.0" motherboard and after installing the system with an AMD Phenom X6 and 16GB Kingston DDR3, the system don't respond at all.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3%20R2.0/

No beeps, no leds, no POST, nothing at all. Only the system starts running, the fans flows, but nothing else. I tried with an old graphic card and with half the memory, but the results are always the same.

Any clues on what could be the problem? I installed many computers in the past and never got into this situation.

Any help will be very welcome.
Swaseras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swaseras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 1:19am
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme3%20R2.0/?cat=Memory

Check Memory (RAM) capability, find your manufacture, size (gb), speed (mhz).

Pay attentions while checking. Hope this helps a bit. :)
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 12:38am
Just to check, do you have the four or eight pin CPU power cable from your PSU connected to the ATX12V1/V2 connector in the upper left area of the board?

What AMD Phenom X6 CPU model are you using?

lilgrass71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilgrass71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:54am
Hi

I built a rig with an asrock 970 performance, amd 8510, compatable ram and a new graphic card.  The computer ran well for about 2 weeks and now it wont boot just like the original poster.  No beep or anything. Screen has no signal but fans turn on and hdd spins up.  USB has no power as the keyboard lights dont turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe
Shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:03pm

For you guys with start up issues:

1) Remove all the power connectors from the Motherboards

2) Remove the components like Memory and CPU (it would be helpful if you have a spare laying around you could test with too)

3) Check to see if the pins show any signs of damage.

4) If not, carefully reinstall the components

5) Reconnect the power supply clear the CMOS and try to restart the machine

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Shadow Shadow wrote:

For you guys with start up issues:

1) Remove all the power connectors from the Motherboards

2) Remove the components like Memory and CPU (it would be helpful if you have a spare laying around you could test with too)

3) Check to see if the pins show any signs of damage.

4) If not, carefully reinstall the components

5) Reconnect the power supply clear the CMOS and try to restart the machine

This, additionally remove all front panel connectors from the board leaving only the power switch connected, I have often seen newly built systems fail to boot because someone connected a power or HDD LED line to the reset switch pins, result, fans spin up but no boot. When troubleshooting always operate with the bare minimum of components attached to the board so, disconnect hard disks, CD drives and any other peripherals you may have. Also unplug keyboard and mouse, all you need is the display to see if you are posting. 

Faulty SATA cables can also cause your system to not boot, I had one die on me not too long ago and it cause the entire system to fail to post.  
squidrobro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squidrobro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 8:17am

Originally posted by lilgrass71 lilgrass71 wrote:

No beep or anything. Screen has no signal but fans turn on and hdd spins up.  USB has no power as the keyboard lights dont turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar problem here. 

Last change made before problem: 
- Enabled IOMMU + the Dehumidifier function (set to run for 5 minutes) in BIOS

Then:
- One reboot: Everything okay
- Shutdown: okay, but immediately the PC booted up again to dehumidify
- Walked away and came back 30 minutes later to find the PC still running and the screen was blank (the usual dehumidifier splash screen was not appearing)
- Performed hard shutdown
- Power up: blank screen

Symptoms:
- Fans, CPU and CD drive getting power
- Back panel devices (USB 2.0 and 3.0) not getting power
- Front USB 3.0 ports also dead
- Front USB 2.0 ports have NEVER worked (in fact, every time I connect the USB 2.0 header, it refuses to boot)

Troubleshooting so far:
- Resetting BIOS > no change
- Removed and reinserting CMOS battery > no change
- Removing RAM and booting > no change; did not even get error beeps
- Removing all SATA devices and booting > no change
- no signs of damage on the capacitors

As suggested here, I will try one more time to remove every single device and every single header and then powering up. If that doesn't work, I'm taking all my future business to Asus / Gigabyte / MSI.

Edited by squidrobro - 04 Oct 2015 at 8:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic