ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hirelateral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hirelateral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 support info
    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:10pm
Microsoft Boot Manager is exactly what you'll see and use if installed correctly.
JonMil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonMil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
OK I have a question about installing Windows 10 onto an m.2 drive.
I have a B550M Pro4, with a Ryzen 5 3600.

The windows installer will not install on the m.2 drive. It can see the drive and I have reformatted it to both file types, but still no hope. The best answer seems to be the following below, but I can not work out how to do this in the current Bios. Any tips / help?

Disable CSM / UEFI
Enable Secure Boot
Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
Format the drive
Restart the machine
Enable CSM / UEFI

Disable Secure Boot

Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

So my question is how do I do the above?

Thanks
spongebob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:46am
My mobo is Fatalit1y B450i (mini ITX).

I need to use my USB to download Windows 10 (1909) iso file- USB must be in the FAT32 format.
But the iso file is 5gb... and FAT32 doesn't go over 4gb per file...

What can I do to just download the iso file...?

(thx to whoever that can tell me the answer haha)
fanatikvoice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanatikvoice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 9:40pm
Hi, i need help.
My matherboard AsRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4, OS Windows 10 LTSB 1809.
I can't install drivers PCI-controller. If I install them , my OS freezes on the download screen (login to my account), and my keyboard and mouse are disabled.
I don 't know what to do.
Bios version: BIOS:                      American Megatrends Inc. P1.30, 12.07.2019
https://sun9-34.userapi.com/c857124/v857124731/fd51a/X11q-hmQxtA.jpg
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:17am
How do i know i downloaded the latest version?
Dcmegacab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcmegacab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:49am
I am getting ready to finish my x399 taichi workstation. I used the microsoft USB boot drive creation tool from the microsoft website. The tool downloaded and installed a windows 10 boot drive onto my USB memory key overnight. Is this going to be a new and upgraded version of windows for the taichi x399?
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by cwheeldon cwheeldon wrote:

So you?�re saying that the install should work with the mobo but my installation method won?�t. If I follow your instructions I should be golden, right?
Yes!
cwheeldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwheeldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:54pm
Thanks for the response. So you?™re saying that the install should work with the mobo but my installation method won?™t. If I follow your instructions I should be golden, right? Thanks!
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:34pm
@cwheeldon:
If you want to do a "clean" OS installation onto a previously used HDD/SSD, you should delete all existing partitions and create a new target partition for the OS before you start with the installation. It was not a good idea trying to overwrite the previously used C: partition.
By the way: The fastest and safest way to get Win10 properly clean installed is to use an ISO file of the desired OS, to let the tool Rufus create a bootable USB Flash Drive and then to boot off this USB Flash drive. Once the OS Setup asks you where to install the OS, you can let the Setup do what I have written above.
cwheeldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwheeldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 6:42am
Hi -

I have a PC with the A75M board and have been struggling to update it to Windows 10. I've progressed from trying the free upgrade, which failed for undefined reasons, purchased Win 10 on disk and tried to upgrade it that way, which failed, and finally tried to do a clean install by booting off the Win 10 disk and overwriting the C: drive. Fail, fail, fail.

So now I'm wondering: is it even possible to run Win 10 on the A75M or is it now a boat anchor (since Win7 support has ended)?

Thanks!
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic