ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:43pm
Hello all
I installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit on a new 970m pro3 after running a game through Steam about 2mins later I get a windows low memory message asking me to shut down the game that is running at the time then it kills it automatically and shuts down steam have spent the last 4 days being remotely assisted by microsoft Tech Support engineers to no avail.
I reinstalled Windows.I done a system restore.all Drivers are updated my ram works fine and still the issue persists I cannot run any game on my computer.

Please please help.

Amd 4100 (3.6ghz)
2 x 4gb Kingston hyper x fury 1866mhz
1 x 240gb ssd (Windows drive)
1 x 1tb ssd drive
NVIDIA gtx 960
750watt psu
Asrock 970m pro3 motherboard
Antec water cooling for cpu
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:01pm
Please capture the screen that is stating "Low Memory"

I have a hunch it is Steam, not Windows, that is generating this msg.

What game?

How much vram does your 960 have?

Have you disable the Windows Paging File?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
Did you check the Windows Resource monitor, to check how much memory is in use when running a game via Steam?

What are the system specifications required by Steam for running the games you use?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 4:42pm
That should not be happening with 8gb of RAM. I have this issue on my old laptop with 2gb of RAM but that is understandable. On my old laptop I set the page file larger and that removes the error, here is how to do it.

Search "This PC"
Right click on it and select properties
Click advanced system settings
Click settings under performance
Click advanced

Under "Virtual Memory" what does it say?

Click change
Uncheck "Automatically determine....."
Select your boot drive
Set minimum size to 2048
Set Maximum to 4096

Apply changes and restart.

This is not a proper solution for your problem however, generally with SSD based systems I disable the pagefile to prolong the life of my SSDs and 2 of my 3 systems run 8gb of RAM. Neither of those systems ever shows a low memory warning. Something you are using has a memory leak, likely not windows. What other apps/drivers etc do you have installed and what internet browser are you using?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:59am
I would hope that Microsoft tech support would have told the OP all of the things we have asked about.

If not, that is unbelievable. For all we know, they may have done all of these things already.
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:35pm
i was told that it is not needed on ssd
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:38pm
any game it doesn't matter
I'm just looking up how to upload a pic on here
actual ram on 960 is 4GB gddr5
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:49pm
running edge browser.
msi afterburner
have uninstalled my antivirus
now using defender
NVidia GeForce experience
xfast lan that came with motherboard
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Simonmcd Simonmcd wrote:

any game it doesn't matter
I'm just looking up how to upload a pic on here
actual ram on 960 is 4GB gddr5

You need to find a free image hosting website, there are many out there. Just search on free image hosting, choose one, create an account, and upload your pictures. When you select a picture, on the website's page there should be links to the picture. You copy the text of the link by highlighting it, left click on it and select Copy.

You must use the forums Advanced Editor, which is opened by clicking the arrow on the top line of the Quick Reply editor shown at the bottom of a thread.

In the forum's Advanced Editor, at the top is an Insert Image icon, it looks like a tree in a square. Click on that, a box will appear, and you Paste the link text into the Image URL area. You can click Preview to see if the link works. No need to set any of the Width or Height options normally. Click OK when done.

The image should appear in your post like this, a sample from the Insert Image option:

I wonder is Steam does not like XFast LAN? Does not make sense but who knows.

Just FYI, I don't recall ever seeing someone having this problem in this forum, meaning it is not common.
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:14am
Edited by wardog - Took me a bit but here's what the OP posted for his pic

Edited by wardog - 24 Jan 2017 at 12:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic