ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:14am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:54am
Microsoft Reps may have told you it isn't needed but in looking at that pic I'm sure if you create a System Managed Paging File on one of those SSD's you'll fnd this error goes the way of the Gooney Bird.

Or heck, put a smallish rotational HDD in the system and create the needed paging file on it.

http://notsealed.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-low-memory-crash.html
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 2:36pm
To quote from the OP's first post, "... I cannot run any game on my computer.". Might be an exaggeration, but who knows.

Also, the OP is playing the game via Steam, it is not installed on his PC.

You weren't told a page file was not needed with an SSD, but that it was not good to have it on an SSD. Both of those things are false.

Either create the page file, or buy more memory at this point. We don't have enough information about what's going on with your PC to tell you anything else.

I would still like to see what the memory usage is when that message appears. Start Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Del), More details, Performance tab, Memory. Also, the Processes tab will show what programs are using how much memory.

From that screen, you can click Open Resource Monitor (at the bottom of the screen), click the Memory tab there for more details on memory usage.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Also, the OP is playing the game via Steam, it is not installed on his PC.

"Installed' indeed. For w/o loading the graphics and audio portions locally it would seem as slow as playing chess over the internet. Steams business model would evaporate like steam released into the atmosphere.

Xaltar can explain Steam better than I.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:47pm
Steam has two options, local install (still need to log in to steam to play) or Stream from another PC on your local network. Streaming game content over the internet would be impractical as it would make their games libraries unavailable to about 90% of the world's population with slow internet (myself included). 

I would also check the game's forums for other users experiencing the same issue. A badly cracked game can also do this, to be clear we do not endorse or condone piracy in any form on these forums. As I said in my last post, with 8gb of RAM I place the blame on the game itself rather than page file. Either the game does not like your drivers and is causing a memory leak or there is a coding error that effects your particular hardware configuration. 

If this is happening with all your games then I would set up a page file and test with that as I explained before.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 7:50pm
It may also be a good idea to check windows Resource Monitor and see how much RAM windows is detecting. If you are not using windows 64 bit then you will be restricted to about 3.5gb of RAM no matter how much you have installed. In this case the lack of a page file could very definitely cause the issue.

Windows 32, of any windows version is not for gaming, it is a legacy support feature MS keeps for backward compatibility with certain enterprise software that will not work correctly in 64 bit mode or in compatibility mode.

Here is an example of Resource Monitor showing 16gb of RAM installed and available.

Edited by Xaltar - 24 Jan 2017 at 7:53pm
adeingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 4:26am
I have an HTPC built around the A75m board.

Since updating to Windows 10, HD Audio (ie DTS-MA and Dolby True HD) don't work. Is there likely to be any updated drivers or workaround?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by adeingolf adeingolf wrote:

I have an HTPC built around the A75m board.

Since updating to Windows 10, HD Audio (ie DTS-MA and Dolby True HD) don't work. Is there likely to be any updated drivers or workaround?

Latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 1:38am
any game such as install from disc or anyone of Microsoft built in games such as chess, solitaire mahong tiles etc.
none would run.
Simonmcd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 1:41am
I have installed one of my old ssd drives and allocated a page file to it.
it seems to do the trick but all my drives are ssd so should a page file be needed.
thanks to all for your assistance with this matter.
lots more help then Microsoft own tech support.
we shall see what windows 10 game mode is like when it arrives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic