ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 support info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonmcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 1:43am
the low memory issue was still happening when I had 16gb of ram installed.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Simonmcd Simonmcd wrote:

I have installed one of my old ssd drives and allocated a page file to it.
it seems to do the trick but all my drives are ssd so should a page file be needed.
thanks to all for your assistance with this matter.
lots more help then Microsoft own tech support.
we shall see what windows 10 game mode is like when it arrives.

""lots more help then Microsoft own tech support.""

That compliment means a lot to us here. Thank you.
Bill H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:10pm
http://www.thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-ultimate-windows-8-edition/

I have been running the paging file turned off with no problems. With 16Gigs of system memory
the OS will us a small amount of it for paging.
X370 Pro Gamer - 1800x@4000 -
EVGA GTX 1080 Hydro Copper SLI -
G.SKILL F4-3000C14D-16GTZ@3200MHz - Single liquid loop
scythefwd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scythefwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
ssd and page file arent related.  The page file, or swap file, is a overflow for physical ram that uses the hdd or ssd as its medium.  If you have a program trying to load 129gb of data into ram, and you only habe 128gb of ram.. you still need a swap file.  Type of hdd is not relevant.  I dont know where the idea of not needing a swap file  because you have a ssd originated, but it is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of what the swap file does... 
bhangad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhangad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:19pm
thanks for the reply, it really helps.
kadafij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kadafij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 1:47am
I currently have the asrock b450 pro, and sometimes it boots to windows and other times it does not. All sata/data cables are connected to the hard drive along with power from the power supply and yet the hard drive does not show up in the bios. Looking for possible reasons why have enabled legacy csm mode and have tried continuously to set the boot priority but still nothing seems to be working. My friend and I have spent hours upon hours looking for a solution and nothing seems to be working really hope some people on this foam have some new ideas on how to fix this issue. Please help we are in a time sensitive.

Thank you, Kadafi 
davidk01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidk01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 2:36pm

If W10 or W8.1 was not installed in UEFI mode then you will indeed need to start the OS installation over. Ensure that your two 2x2GB drives are not installed on SATA ports 5 and 6 as depending on where you have the m.2 SSD installed these ports will not be available. Asus Support Number

charrelotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charrelotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 3:52pm
The Windows 10 free upgrade through the Get Windows 10 (GWX) app. the media creation tool and Windows 10 installation media (ISO files) are available for customers to install Windows 10. If you are  installing Windows 10 for the first time, you?™ll need to enter a valid Windows 10 product key or buy a full version of Windows 10 during setup for this tool to work.tips to download app. If you previously installed Windows 10 on your device, you should have a digital license and Windows 10 will automatically activate without entering a product key. 
https://downloadshowboxforpc.com/

distantLights View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote distantLights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
Can anyone help me with a problem I have with a Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4. I bought two different pcie wifi adapters, one Tp-link and a D-link. None of them is working properly when using w10. Latest drivers are installed... Currently I connect wifi using a 5$ usb adapter.. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Viro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:23am
Does anyone have a thread to dead board ... flashing Red light refuses to boot just keeps flashing ... Already cleared CMOS and pulled battery still flashing light. All wires are in their right places .. checked pins etc... any word on this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic