ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mouse light still on after shutdown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mouse light still on after shutdown
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
Also when press keyboard button, keyboard light turn on. How to disable this in BIOS? Board is x370 K4.
Jahnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:45pm
Try. Enable Deep sleep on BIOS and disable Activate Fast Start on Windows 10 OS.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Jahnal Jahnal wrote:

Try. Enable Deep sleep on BIOS and disable Activate Fast Start on Windows 10 OS.

You mean disable fast boot in BIOS? That option is already disabled. Is it healty for PC to enable deep sleep, will that hurt  PC durability, constant waking and sleeping as far as I understood that option Confused
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:40am
I have had similar issues with my ASRock 970M Pro3. The light on my headphones' remote stays on after shutdown. Also, if I click any button on my mouse after shutdown, the lights come on and stay on unless I detach the mouse. If I plug it back in, the lights won't come on - unless I click any of the buttons, that is. I've disabled fast boot and all sleep modes on my computer, so when it shuts down, it should actually shut down. I don't know if it's a Windows issue, a BIOS issue or an issue with the USB ports/headers themselves.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
Jahnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 1:51pm
What to say. Either you want the USB device to shine or do not want your PC to Deep sleep. :-)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
PH........ You're alive still.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:32pm
On Linus forum I found this theme:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/809034-do-you-leave-your-computer-on-all-the-time-or-turn-it-off/#comment-10159369

"Just wondering do you guys leave your PC on all the time, or do you turn it off at night? For me personally, I leave my PC on all the time. I just checked task manager and my computer has been on for a solid 22 days and 16 hours without any shutdowns.

The reason I do this is because after working with computer hardware for so long I have noticed that the hardware that lasts the longest is the stuff that spent either most of it's life fully on or fully off and not in between. I believe this is because as a computer is turned on and off, each chip, capacitor and resistor goes through a thermal cycle where it expands and contracts ever so slightly and over time this causes cracks in solder joints rendering the computer part useless."

So keep sleep mode?

Jahnal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jahnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
Let the mouse shine and your computer turned on. It's obviously the best for you. But I do not understand why you did not even ask a question about switching off.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

PH........ You're alive still.

Yup. Haven't been able to contribute much, since I'm still running my Phenom II and Ryzen is the new king of the streets. I'm trying to catch up, however. It's high time for an upgrade...

Originally posted by Asingo Asingo wrote:

On Linus forum I found this theme:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/809034-do-you-leave-your-computer-on-all-the-time-or-turn-it-off/#comment-10159369

"Just wondering do you guys leave your PC on all the time, or do you turn it off at night? For me personally, I leave my PC on all the time. I just checked task manager and my computer has been on for a solid 22 days and 16 hours without any shutdowns.

The reason I do this is because after working with computer hardware for so long I have noticed that the hardware that lasts the longest is the stuff that spent either most of it's life fully on or fully off and not in between. I believe this is because as a computer is turned on and off, each chip, capacitor and resistor goes through a thermal cycle where it expands and contracts ever so slightly and over time this causes cracks in solder joints rendering the computer part useless."

So keep sleep mode?

It is true that thermal expansion and contraction will affect the lifetime of computer parts. Whether this makes any real difference to you depends on how long you are planning to keep your current hardware and how high are your highest temperatures, but in theory it is indeed better to keep the computer on at all times (unless you care about how much electricity you waste by doing so). While there are different levels of sleep mode, the general idea is that the system would not consume any more power than it absolutely has to in order to be able to wake up quickly and let you resume your work from where you left off. This means that the temperature difference between sleep mode and actually shutting the computer down should not be that big, which in turn means that sleep mode probably won't extend the lifetime of your components by any meaningful amount.

Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
AlbinoRhino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlbinoRhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 3:38am
For what it's worth, my board (Killer SLI) has the option to have a live USB port when my computer is off. I'm not sure that this is the same thing though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic