ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X370 Taichi Downloads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm
wardog,

Ok, I've made four screen shots of my X370 Taichi web site loop.

The first screen shot shows the X370 Taichi main page with all the acolytes if you scroll down several times.

The second screen shot shows what I get when I click on Support and enter "X370 Taichi" in the search box and hit enter.

The third screen shot shows that it took me back to the main X370 Taichi page after clicking on "Download".

The fourth screen shot just shows the first page of all the acolytes!!

Now, how do I get these screen shots ".PNG" to show on this forum? I can't seem to figure out how to make Pastebin do it. Or I can email them as an attachment. Or I can start a thread on a forum that handles attachments.

Edited by Ken429 - 20 Jul 2017 at 5:37pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:57pm
Ken429, did you see my post above?  If not, please do.  Have you opened port 21 (FTP) in your Fire Wall?  If not, please do.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Ken429 Ken429 wrote:

Now, how do I get these screen shots ".PNG" to show on this forum?

imgur.com; New Post, upload them, copying each link that ends in png(this is important, it must end in a graphics format) then in the expanded/extended Reply editor you'll see button that is a tree that allows you to insert images here, one at a time.

HTH, if not post back
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:39am
MisterJ,
Sorry I missed your post, something about this site when there are multiple posts I only get an email notification for the last one?

Anyway, I've got one machine with only the W10 security stuff installed - no Norton Comcast Security Suite. I turned off the System Firewall and it had no effect.

However, using Edge and searching for "ASRock Drivers" it shows me a link to the ASRock download page. When I put the "X370 Taichi" in the search box it takes me to a X370 Taichi page that also describes in great graphical detail the X370 Taichi features. This page is different than the one I described to wardog which showed in great graphical detail the acolytes for the M/B. I again searched for the X370 Taichi clicked on Support and got the Download list. I tried using IE11 and it would not go down the same path to success.

The page that works correctly on Edge is:
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X370%20Taichi/index.asp

The page that works correctly on Edge and goes directly to the download information is:
http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X370%20Taichi/index.us.asp#osW1064

The second link is what used to work on IE11. To add to my confusion and frustration very infrequently either link will work on IE11 - I guess depending on what status the Browser or Router was in at the time?

Somewhere along the line last week something changed that caused the bottom page/link to quit consistently working correctly on IE11. I tried to blame it on a MSFT update but I suspect changing the Router about that time may be the culprit! The old Router had various ports opened up along the way but I can't seem to figure out how to open a port on the new Tp-Link 1200 Router - if that is really the problem.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:25am
Thanks Ken429.  The router is another concern if it is not the Fire Wall.  Both links you presented led to both FTP and HTTP DLs.  Please use the second-I don't think browser should matter-the Asia/US is HTTP (lower left of screen when mouse over link) while the other two are FTP.  Please try all three and tell use which work and which don't.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Ken429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
MisterJ,
The second link that goes directly to the download page works every time using Edge or Chrome. When I try the same link using IE11 it goes to the "acolyte loop page" for want of a better name. So I give up it's one more nail in the coffin for trusty old IEll.

I could re-install the old Router and verify if that is was what caused the problem to appear but it ain't worth the trouble. Just another unsolved IE11 mystery!

Thanks everybody for the responses, you forced me to find an acceptable solution. Hopefully, ASRock will continue to release updates for the X370 Taichi M/B that will resolve the remaining issues.

Edited by Ken429 - 21 Jul 2017 at 4:57pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 3:35am
Ken429, I hope you are saying you can DL from all locations (Asia/US...).  If so, then you do not have an FTP problem as I suspected.  I tried IE11 and got some really strange results - probably the loops you describe.  I suggest you continue to stay away from IE and Edge, also.  I only use IE11 when I use the MS site Windows Update Catalog because it uses ActiveX and even Edge will not work.  I have not used MS browsers for several years now and am a happier person for it.  I looked at your router manual and it is very weird, but not the source of any problems, so no test needed with old router.  I have changed settings in several routers and do not like the modern trend to use a vendor web site to do the work.  It seems a direct mission to invade my privacy.  I prefer after market router firmware like Shibby's Tomato.  Enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic