ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270M Pro 4 won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:37pm
I already did that thing. I'm currently unplugging everything, doing like if I was building a brand new pc.
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm
Still nothing...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 1:53pm
parsec, any ideas? I'm plum out I'm afraid.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 1:55pm
It doesn't even display using the 7700's iGPU?

Is your monitor config'd to be receiving the signal on the correct input?
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:07pm
The motherboard is currently out of the case on my mouse pad. What is plugged in : CPU, cooler, 1x4gb ram, 2x power supply cables, 1 hdmi out to the monitor and the monitor is correctly set. This is so weird.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:15pm
Have a DP or VGA/DVI-D cable to try with?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:16pm
And I should ask ........

This is into computer monitor and not what's classed as a television, right?
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:19pm
I just tried with dvi and another monitor : no difference.
Yes I have only real pc monitors.

Edited by Jeremi - 19 Jul 2017 at 2:20pm
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:34pm
I've also checked the CPU and if there was any bent pin in the socket but everything looks fine.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Carefully check for debris in the PCIe slots, it is possible something conductive fell in there and is shorting. That could cause the board's protections to trigger and prevent post.

Aside from that and what has already been mentioned in this thread my only other suggestion is to check for burned contacts on the PSU connectors and maybe clear CMOS again by pulling the battery like Wardog mentioned.

Use this method to be sure it clears properly:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If all that fails you will need to start testing individual components in another system as far as you can. These are the most irritating type of issue to deal with, when something seemingly simple causes a system failure Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic