ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270M Pro 4 won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm
Thanks for your answer. Im going to try that but I won't be able to test the CPU as I don't have any recent other motherboard.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm
Good luck Jeremi, let us know how it goes Wink
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
I've tried everything I could. I did a last clear cmos with the method you provided me. I tried another PSU. I've checked pci express slots in case something was stuck in there. I've checked 2 times CPU and socket. I re built it starting from zero. And still a black screen. That's crazy all I did was switching my graphic card to another pci express slot like I did several times before. Now I don't know if it's a CPU issue or a motherboard one.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 9:13pm
I am sorry to hear that Ouch

At this point your only option is to either take it in somewhere to be tested or take a chance and RMA one or both of the potential culprits.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:35pm
I really did not understand what the entire situation was just from the first post, but now I do.

Given all the things you said you tried, something obviously broke. Since you have the board out of the case, check the bottom of the board, particularly the PCIe slot solder points. Or possibly a small component on the board's top was damaged or broken off when moving the video card from slot to slot. Or possibly a static electricity discharge zapped something on the board. Or the hot environment inside the PC case from the video card caused a part on the board to fail.

Since you cannot even get the Intel iGPU to produce a signal to the monitor, and tried a different PSU, unless your memory suddenly died, about all that is left is the board has a problem. Was the video card removed from the PC when you tried to use the Intel iGPU? That would be important to do, since you could not get into the UEFI/BIOS to enable both video sources. Clearing the CMOS after removing the video card and trying the iGPU might help it work.

Besides testing the video card in another board, not much else left to do.
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
I carefully checked the motherboard and its bottom and everything looks ok. I already tried clear cmos + intel igpu but that didn't do anything. I applied for RMA and hope I'll get a new motherboard soon.
Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic