ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270M Pro 4 won't boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270M Pro 4 won't boot
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 4:31am
Hi
I just switched my graphic card to the other pci express slot, but now my pc won't start.
I tried clear cmos, tried to boot with motherboard video output, with only one stick of ram... I know my PSU is fine as well as my gpu and CPU

My specs :
Asrock z270m pro4
I7 7700k stock
Be quiet pure rock
Gtx 1080 ti
Corsair 650w
Crucial balistix lt4 sport 4x4 gb

Thanks for your help
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Jeremi Jeremi wrote:

Hi
I just switched my graphic card to the other pci express slot, but now my pc won't start.
I tried clear cmos, tried to boot with motherboard video output, with only one stick of ram... I know my PSU is fine as well as my gpu and CPU

My specs :
Asrock z270m pro4
I7 7700k stock
Be quiet pure rock
Gtx 1080 ti
Corsair 650w
Crucial balistix lt4 sport 4x4 gb

Thanks for your help

When you say the PC won't boot or start after moving the video card to the other (PCIE4) slot, do you mean you get nothing on the monitor? Or what exactly happen?

The second PCIe slot, PCIE4, is a PCIe 3.0 x4 slot electrically, not x16. The PCIE4 slot may be connected to the Z270 chipset, rather than the CPU's PCIe 3.0 lanes, I can't tell exactly from the manual. The PCIE4 slot is specified to work only in AMD CrossFireX mode, given what I see in the manual.

Any particular reason you want to use the PCIE4 slot for a video card?
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:47am
Hello parsec and thanks for your answer.

The monitor stays black. I can hear the fans running but nothing on the screen.
I wanted to use the other pci express slot because my graphic card is reallly warm and I wanted to see if the temperature was better. But I already did that several times and the other pci express slot worked every time.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:02pm
re Temps

Small board in a small case? Guessing so.
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:06pm
Yes small board, small case, and huge graphic card that is warm as hell.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Jeremi Jeremi wrote:

Yes small board, small case, and huge graphic card that is warm as hell.

Yea. Thought so.

Youi're prolly gonna have to sacrifice some dB's fan wise to keep her cooling on par.
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:21pm
Yes fans are running 100% to keep it under 75 degrees Celsius when playing. Actually I moved it to the other pci express slot to see if it was better but the PSU is just under it so temps was worse. When I moved it back to its original pci slot, nothing worked... i don't know what to do now.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:28pm
You haven't forgot to re-apply the power back to the GPU have you?

1080ti ....... You suck Tongue
Jeremi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:30pm
Every thing is plugged in properly. I just don't understand what could have happened
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:34pm
Read the manual on the method to pull the batt and jumper it.

Odd are that'll get you back up, using the top-most PCIe slot that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic