ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi - Another No post problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimsblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi - Another No post problem.
    Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 11:27pm
I did a brief forum search and came up with one thread that wound up with a different fix. With that being said, here is my problem.

I bought this mobo and a Ryzen 1700 along with a new system. I installed everything and all I got was the LED on the board lighting up, no fans, no Dr. Debug. I had 9 fans installed plus the cooler that came with the CPU, an RX 470, 1 reused SSD, 1 reused HER, 1 new PSU, 2x8 gig Corsair Vengence LOS sticks of RAM.

So, I pulled the board and set it up on the box like a should have done. Removed the cooler and cleaned the thermal paste off (stock cooler comes with a boat load of it). I then hooked the board up to my old working PSU. I placed the cooler back on and tried to boot. Same problem. I removed the GFX card and RAM and tried to get a post code. Nothing. Just the LED's turning colors. I tried using no GFX card and 1 stick of RAM in the different slots. No change in result. I reset CAMOS with the jumper and still got nothing.

As it stands now I am going to take the RAM to a friend's to test it, just because. I am not sure what else to test or what I have missed. To clarify, the result after all the tests I made were the same...no boot, no post, no Dr. Debug code, no fans powering on. Is RMA my only option now?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 1:21am
can you add details

bios version of board (a sticker on a chip mid board) e.g v1.6 or something

and model of ram

and confirm that you tried to boot bios

with cpu heatsink ram and no other devices fitted yet

please be aware the very first boot of a ryxzen system can take easily 1 min before it does anything
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:18am
I can tell you right now that Corsair memory in particular seems to be having more problems than other memory manufacturers when it comes to AM4. Grab some TridentZ or RipjawsV memory (not FlareX) and a pint says she will boot first time.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 3:07am
tridentz
3200cl15d-16gtz
has worked fine from day one version 1.6 in mine
as has the same kit worked for another local guy to me with same ram and taichi board
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Grimsblood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimsblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:07am
Update.

Board version (sticker in middle of boars): P2.20 (how does this help?)

RAM: CMK16GX4M2B320016W (RAM tested in another computer, works fine)

Put working 470 in, plugged up to monitor. Attempted to boot. Waited 10 Minutes, no Dr. Debug or post. No fans on board turn on. Power supply is a working one.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:42pm
If you have had both the 24 pin ATX and 4/8 pin CPU power cable connected to the board throughout all your testing, then given what you have told us, it sounds like the board is bad.

That assumes the PSU is truly working, and can run another board/PC fine.

If no fans spin, and the Dr Debug display is not on, and you are certain the PSU is fine, then it is the board.

I keep mentioning the PSU because you said it is new, and if you have never had that PSU successfully powering up a PC, then that PSU is not known to be working correctly.

I wonder about the nine fans you said you use. Are they all connected to fan headers on the board using fan splitter cables? Or are at least some of them connected to a fan controller, or connected directly to the PSU?

Also did you triple check the PC case power switch wires to the power switch pins on the System Panel Header? Polarity of the connections is correct? The correct pins are the two on the right in the top row of four pins. Very easy to make a mistake connecting the wires to that header, everyone has done that at least once. You could simply short those two pins for a moment with a screwdriver to start the PC.
Grimsblood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grimsblood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:06pm
As far as the PSU goes, I am certain it works. I have 2. One new that is an 850w and one old that is a 650w. The 650 is now back in my old system.powering it until I get the new system up and running.

I am also connected to those pins you are speaking of. I checked that like 10 times thinking that I screwed up. I also tried jumping those pins as well.

As far as the fans go, 5 were connected to the board and the rest to a fan controller on the case. I have so many because my AIO came as push/pull.

Thanks for your time, I wanted to double check to make sure I wasn't missing something.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic