ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 pro+ btc gpu problem.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darktrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 5:27pm
I have a Supox 250 MB ( same as biostar 250) with 12
Pcie slots running 8 gpu. More than 8 claymore crashes
Kinowa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:59am
I have 2 more risers unpacked up, on Frida or tomorrow ill change them and see if problem solves.
vortexfoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vortexfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:16pm
hi guys i have a problem with h110 btc+. i have 4 asus p106 and 5 gtx 1060 6gb and 1 3gb.

no matter what i do i cant use more than 8 gpu, if i install 9th, system freezes but i see on net that a lot of people have 8+ rigs and windows....
in linux i have problem using miners - using nicehash...

looks like driver problem, i knw amd have opencl limit of 8 gpu, but for nvidia......

please help
Osiris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osiris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 1:27pm
My first h81 pro btc was doa. It happens.
Midnytjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnytjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:00pm
Hi Lenart, i'm having same issues as yours. Were u able to resolve your issues? Thanks
Midnytjoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnytjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:02pm
Hi kinowa, were u able toresolve your issues?
andresxz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresxz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:56pm
Have you checked the virtual memory? I had a similar problem and increased the virtual memory to 16GB and I could solve it.
crowhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 11:08pm
Hi Guys, I have H110 BTC + MOBO RIGs running 8x 1070 under Win10. Most of them run ok, but few keep freezing randomly, but repeatedly-windows crashes and only button restart works. Display freezes as it is. I tried to change everything from risers to GPUs all at once to one by one. No pattern showed. One thing that is always the same is that from those 900 watts that it draws , when frozen it draws around 333 watts. Anybody experienced anything similiar with this configuration?  Clock is 70% power,0toCPU,+500 to memory.
pjdouillard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjdouillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:41am
Originally posted by crowhead crowhead wrote:

Hi Guys, I have H110 BTC + MOBO RIGs running 8x 1070 under Win10. Most of them run ok, but few keep freezing randomly, but repeatedly-windows crashes and only button restart works. Display freezes as it is. I tried to change everything from risers to GPUs all at once to one by one. No pattern showed. One thing that is always the same is that from those 900 watts that it draws , when frozen it draws around 333 watts. Anybody experienced anything similiar with this configuration?  Clock is 70% power,0toCPU,+500 to memory.

Well I have the same setup as you but with 8 x Zotac 1060 6GB.  All are using the same bios version and I too am experimenting random freeze ranging from 1 hour to almost 24h under Windows 10.

Among the cards I have some with Hynix, others with Micron and some with Samsung memory.
The Samsung & Micro can be OC'd to +750 on memory clock, but the Hynix can sometimes stick with +500, then +400.  

I know the cards (whatever memory brand), freeze on other Win 10 systems I have tested, so I don't know what is really going on.

Right now, I am testing the cards with no OC on anything : just stock settings and will see where it goes.  

Will post a follow up.
pjdouillard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjdouillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm
Well here is the follow up on this.

I was able to run 1 x 40h and 1 x 32h straight with no issue with the 8 x 1060 at stock clock and 70% power.  Then it froze like before (was mining Monero).

Then I moved to other currencies and I can't get more than 2-3 hours of stability without having to power off manually via the power button (still with no OC).

It is really beginning to be a problem as I can't leave my rig working alone as I don't know when it will freeze.  Temperature is not an issue as all cards are running under 60C.

I am drawing 800W only from the wall, so the 1200W PSU is more than enough.

I don't think this board is able to handle 8 cards with no issues.  I will remove some cards and retest again, but each day I feel like I should go buy something else that will provide more robustness.

Edited by pjdouillard - 19 Dec 2017 at 10:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic