Topic ClosedThey're Here: ASRock Z170 Motherboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:27am
Originally posted by frankpc frankpc wrote:

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I was wondering why you were interested in HDCP 2.2, but a quick search provided the answer.

Just check the marketing materials for the new product. If the new standard or feature is not proudly announced in large, colorful text and pictures, with descriptions telling us how great it is, then the new standard or feature is not included in that product.

Thank you!  I appreciate your interest.  My Sony '940c' TV, and Denon '7200wa' AVR are or will be compliant with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.  This means if they aren't compliant now, a firmware upgrade is forthcoming in the fall. 

The GTX-960 is also HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant.  I had one for two weeks and it worked great, of course I had no way to test for HDCP 2.2.  But I could watch the full 4K demo clips via the AVR and TV.  

However, I returned the 'open box' GTX-960 in anticipation of purchasing a Z170 MB that meets those requirements.  Now I just need to find the most economical way to do so.  But to do so has proven difficult because the information is so sparse.

I agree with you.  It is early to be concerned with those requirements.  However, the equipment does exist.  It just has to be found.  And perhaps a HTPC built today might stay current for a couple of years. (??)  The ASRock 'Z170 Pro4s' is shown to support HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports.  But the versions are not specified.  Getting closer...

Thanks again 

About a firmware upgrade for HDCP 2.2 support, I read in multiple places that HDCP 2.2 is so different that it can only be accomplished with specific hardware in place. A firmware update alone will not provide HDCP 2.2 compliance, if the required hardware is not part of the device to begin with.

"Lots of 4K TVs and 4K media players have been sold since the first models arrived in mid-2013, and many of those products ??especially from 2013 ??lack support for HDCP 2.2. Worse, these products cannot be upgraded because HDCP 2.2 requires a ?hardware??update ??it?s not something you can fix with a firmware update." 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bbnHMFg4KO5/learn/what-you-need-to-know-about-hdcp-2-2.html

Your Sony and Denon may be able to support HDCP 2.2, I really don't know, but is seems we cannot depend on firmware updates alone to provide that support.
frankpc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Your Sony and Denon may be able to support HDCP 2.2, I really don't know, but is seems we cannot depend on firmware updates alone to provide that support.

Correct.  I lose track but either the firmware is already installed or it is due.  The TV and the Denon were manufactured just a few months ago.  And it was clear they do or will comply with HDCP 2.2.  Off hand, I know of no TVs nor AVRs manufactured last year that comply.

I figure I've gone to all this effort to maintain the HDMI 2.0 & HDCP 2.2 compliance and I would like to build a HTPC that is also in compliance.  Of course, the GTX-960 boards do meet that requirement.  But I would like to just build a PC with that compliance built in and I had been counting on the Skylake processor itself to satisfy that requirement.  Since that fell through, it's up to the MB folks to make up the difference.

Again, I appreciate your help and consideration.  Thanks,

Frank
ASRock Expert View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 5:38am

EPIC! LOLLOLLOL
990FX Extreme 9 MOD P1.70
AMD FX 8120 4GHz 1.25V
Thermalright HR-02
Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
MSI R7970 TFIII 3GB
CORSAIR VX550W
LanCool K62 Dragonlord
ASUS Xonar D2X
Hikaru77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 1:29pm
When Asrock gonna release the M-ATX Z170M OC Formula motherboard? Ermm
Hikaru77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 10:43am
Asrock is giving up to release Z170M OCF motherboard!That's a bad news for MATX motherboard & chassis user!

Edited by Hikaru77 - 29 Mar 2016 at 10:44am
Skylinestar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Hikaru77 Hikaru77 wrote:

Asrock is giving up to release Z170M OCF motherboard!That's a bad news for MATX motherboard & chassis user!

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20OC%20Formula/
- ASrock Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K6 (BIOS v2.10)
- Intel Core i5 6500 (stock)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 4GBx2 (CMK8GX4M2A2666C16R) (2133 stock)
- Crucial M4 128GB SSD (CT128M4SSD2)
- Corsair GS700 PSU
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:18am
The Z170M OCF board was just announced by ASRock, and is now included on their mother board information page, as the link above will show you. Or you can click this one:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20OC%20Formula/

Don't forget since it is so new, it may take a while before it is available at your favorite retailer. I can't find any available yet (as of 4/07/2016) in the USA.

Keep looking for this board, I may get one myself! Cool
CeeTee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 12:57pm
Z170M-ITX/ac - close but no cigar.

Needs a couple of USB-3.1 (10G)  and a mPCIe combo rather than a fixed mPCIe

I'd buy a bunch of them then.
musaad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 6:45am
Hello, i bouh a Z170 extreme7+ motherboard. however, i chave no idea how to register it for warranty. could you please help me with that?
M
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by musaad musaad wrote:

Hello, i bouh a Z170 extreme7+ motherboard. however, i chave no idea how to register it for warranty. could you please help me with that?

There is no product registration for ASRock product's warranty. Keep your sales receipt/papers as proof of purchase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic