ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Sound from Rear port or front port

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffNLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:56am
Same Issue here, just happened today. Before it was working ok with three jacks connected in the back to a 5.1 speakerset.

I now only can use the hdmi audio through my monitor. This sucks!

Tried everything, complete reinstall win10, reinstalled all drivers audio etc

What is going on here please help! Almost bought a new pc today driving me nuts.

Jeff
JeffNLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffNLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:26am
I looked in cmos after hitting f2 while restarting, found a setting to disable onboard sound and applied. Restarted and enabled again. Again restarted into windows.

Dunno wtf happened but my sound is back 5.1.

Try diabling and enabling onboard audio in cmos maybe fixes it.
Sam94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:56pm
Same from my b450m hdv v4.0..Looks like I might have to use a seperate sound card for now. Any idea how long does asrock takes for rna?
Sam
Trueeggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trueeggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:37am

It is a windows up date. I fixed mine by unplugging the HDMI and switching to VGA. Then I shut the PC down unplugged the power cord and held the power button on front of tower down for couple min to de-energizer the system. So that when I rebooted it cleaned the moss. Might work for you GL
Trueeggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trueeggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 10:54am

Take that back guys That did not work. had head set plugged in to audio out port. I had to restore to before amd driver update. Windows update is clear. I tracked from the bio's updated the board no go. moved to the windows drivers even payed the 9.99 for the one steep window drivers. try new drivers across the board on all fronts. then worked backwards and did a restore to before new AMD drivers because I had just did a recovery as I all ways do every 6 months and tear down and rebuild my tower with new thermal past cleaning of the tower. I know bad on read and wrights but 60 dolor hard drive vs 100's for hardware. Any ways after the graphics update roll back sound was back. So just for giggles I reinstalled it to see and sure enough no sound once more. I have a Ticket in with AMD about the missing update files or conflict. Will update once I know more I do a plagiarize for the miss leading info before.
Jemo1776 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jemo1776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 7:23am
New build this week same issue you all are having [B550 Pro4]. To note, running with dual boot and Ubuntu has no issues with sound. This is most unfortunate, as I built this to post process videos and have NO SOUND with my Windows Apps. Extremely unsatisfied that that we are not hearing from ASRock with this being a KNOWN ISSUE.

B550 Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600x,
NVME 500gb, DDR4 3200 x24
el-diablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el-diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:46pm
I am having the same issues no sound from the front or rear 3.5 jacks both on windows 10 and win 8.1 but sound works fine when plugged into a usb to 3.5 adaptor I feel it is a hardware problem not software.
sserbes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserbes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:41am
same issue with RYZEN5 3600x CPU and MSI B450M motherboard. AMD 5 series cpus stop onboard display ports and that is already told by AMD but i guess same problem occurs with audio ports. Because in BIOS setp i can't see display and audio ports active but i can see all other ports are active when some device or cable connected to them. so this is nothing about drivers or ASROCK.its about AMD cpu.
BenC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:28am
I'm having this exact same issue. Tried so many things to no avail. Has anyone managed to find a solution or is the only option to RMA?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic