ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Impossible to activate XMP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impossible to activate XMP
    Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 5:49am
I am using a motherboard AB350 Pro4 with BIOS 3.0 and Ryzen 5 1700 and APU A12-9800, also AB350M-HDV with APU A129800 and Ryzen 5 1700 and I am unable to activate the XMP profile.

I have the follow kind of memories:

RIPJAWS F4-2400C15D-8GVR
Corsair 3000 Mhz CMK9GX4M2B3000C15R

Both are kits for 8 GB (two 4 GB modules)

But I am unable to setup the memories over 2133 Mhz. The XMP option is unreacheable and there is not option for entering the values manually.

Here some pictures about one BIOS, but the situation is the same in all my situations.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:12am
According to the specifications for your board, when using A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) processors like yours:

AMD 7th Gen A-Series APUs support DDR4 2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/#Specification

Which means the XMP profile as well as DDR4 memory with speeds above 2400 are not supported. The base/stock SPD speed of your memory models must be 2133, which is why you see that speed. That is shown in the Main screenshot you provided.

Your post also said the Ryzen 7 1700 processors also don't support the XMP profile. According to the specifications, that processor should support DDR4 memory speeds above 2400, and support the XMP profile.

Did your board come with the 3.00 UEFI/BIOS version installed out of the box? Or did you install the 3.00 UEFI yourself?

We have not had any other posts about the AB350 Pro4 not being able to use the XMP profile with Ryzen 7 processors like the 1700. When you install a different processor in any board, you must clear the UEFI/BIOS/CMOS with the jumper on the board. In the case of a processor change, removing the board's battery at the same time is probably required.
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:39pm
First, I did a mistake. I have Ryzen 5 1400, not 1700. Sorry
Second, I upgraded the BIOS to 3.0. Its came with 1.6, very old.

I have about 6 computers, 2 with AB350M (1 with APU and 1 with Ryzen) and 4 with AB350 Pro4 (2 with APU and 2 with Ryzen). I am not exchanging the CPUs.

I can't setup the XMP in any motherboard, even, I am not able to introduce manually (no option for it) the speed, even for setting at 2400 Mhz. There is not option available for introducing it.

If the APU support 2133/2400, I could enter the values for setting the speed in 2400. Or the memory Ripjaws that is 2400, I am not able to setup at 2400....

Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by hgonzale hgonzale wrote:

First, I did a mistake. I have Ryzen 5 1400, not 1700. Sorry
Second, I upgraded the BIOS to 3.0. Its came with 1.6, very old.

I have about 6 computers, 2 with AB350M (1 with APU and 1 with Ryzen) and 4 with AB350 Pro4 (2 with APU and 2 with Ryzen). I am not exchanging the CPUs.

I can't setup the XMP in any motherboard, even, I am not able to introduce manually (no option for it) the speed, even for setting at 2400 Mhz. There is not option available for introducing it.

If the APU support 2133/2400, I could enter the values for setting the speed in 2400. Or the memory Ripjaws that is 2400, I am not able to setup at 2400....

What voltage are you running at? I've got the same board and I've had trouble getting stock speeds at lower voltages. Try turning on XMP to 2400/2667 and set your DRAm voltage to 1.35v with the rest at auto. I have gotten mine to run at 2666 with 1.275v and lower timings paired with an R5 1400.

EDiT: The XMP line on that OC tab should have a box on the right that lets you turn it on & off. Turn it on and you should be able to set the timings. You can try restoring UEFI to default if its acting wonky & not displaying the menu.

Edited by Zach1928 - 23 Aug 2017 at 12:43am
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 1:55am
I setup the BIOS to default and still I can't choice and XMP profile, even, I don't options for manually entering values, only voltage and is in auto.

Now, I am "playing"  with the AB350M-HDV and with memories that support 2400, still is in impossible for choosing the speed. And look the video, always is sharing 1024 MB for video, enven If I choose 256 MB, 512 MB, 2048 MB... It doesn't care about my setup. Asrock.... what is happening? I have years using your boards but with this AM4.. I am frustrated...

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 3:02am
Is there a toggle to the right of CPU Configuration?

If so, set it to Manual and you'll have XMP available.
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 3:52am
I can't modify the CPU configuration or memory. Is disabled..

6 motherboards with problem.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 12:01pm
Do you have this screen in the UEFI/BIOS:

Advanced\AMD CBS\DRAM Timing Configuration
hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 1:28pm
No, I dont have. You can watch the videos.
I am looking for this!!!!!
jcoiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 3:26am
hgonzale,

You are not alone. I have two ASRock motherboards, an A320M Pro4 (bios 3.10) and an AB350 Pro4 (bios 3.20)

When running with an A-series APU (an A8-9600) there is no option in the BIOS on either motherboard to run the XMP profile. There are no CPU controls at all, and no AMD CBS controls.

When using a Ryzen CPU in the AB350 Pro, those options do exist. So for me at least, it depends what CPU is plugged in. (Though I haven't tried the Ryzen in the A320M Pro4.)

I'm surprised that the AB350 Pro4 does not support XMP profiles with an A-series APU. I am using RAM whose XMP profile sets it to 2400Mhz. That should be supported by the motherboard (indeed it IS supported by this same board when used with a Ryzen) and also by the APU.

I'm slightly less surprised that the A320M Pro4 does not support XMP profiles -- though I still think it should. XMP is not "overclocking", it just sets the correct timings to run the RAM at the manufacturer's rated speed. And while A320 users didn't pay for overclocking, they still deserve to run RAM at rated speeds, no?

ASRock, is this intended behavior or is it a bug? Please test these boards with Bristol Ridge (A series) parts and XMP if this behavior is not intended.

Next year when the Raven Ridge APU parts come out, would we expect our ASRock boards to support XMP for those?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic