ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use present SSD (boot drive) in new Z97Pro4?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:17am
Can I prevent the "Copyright ..." screen from appearing during boot? 

Thanks Kerry
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Kerry Kerry wrote:

Can I prevent the "Copyright ..." screen from appearing during boot? 

Thanks Kerry

Do you mean the ASRock screen, or the Windows booting screen?

Same option that it always has been. In the UEFI/BIOS, Boot screen, set Full Screen Logo to Disabled.

Doing that won't make the PC start any faster.
Kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
Re: "set Full Screen Logo to Disabled" Yes, I've done that. The screen is mostly black with about 7 lines of info beginning with "Copyright..."  But you say that the time it takes to display that screen doesn't affect load time so I can check off that question. Thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:11pm

Re: "set Full Screen Logo to Disabled" Yes, I've done that. The screen is mostly black with about 7 lines of info beginning with "Copyright..."  But you say that the time it takes to display that screen doesn't affect load time so I can check off that question. Thanks.

If you have a POST beep speaker connected to the board, and the Boot Beep option enabled in the Boot screen, you would learn that screen is shown during the POST procedure. You'll see a POST code or two displayed on the screen you described.

When POST completes successfully, you would hear a single POST Ok beep, and the screen will change to the Windows loading screen. So unless you want to disable POST (you can't), you'll either see that display, or the ASRock "splash" screen when Full Screen Logo is enabled.

So apparently your $15 Windows 10 key worked?

Edited by parsec - 29 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm
Kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:31pm
Anyone know what the optimum temps are for the CPU and MOBO. Mine CPU temp is 49.5c. The motherboard temp is 31.0c.

New system:

MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro 4
BIOS: version P 2.20

Processor: i7-4790K 4.1 - 4.4 GHz, cores, 8MB Cache (Model:
BX80646I74790K)
CPU Cooling: Intel Heatsink Fan Thermal Controlled
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400MHz C11, 1.65v
Power Supply: Ultra 600 3X
ULT40073
PCX Video: nVidia GeForce GTS 450, PCI-Express 2.0, dual Monitor DVI, DVI, Mini-HDMI,Wireless Type: 802.11bgn
Monitors: 30" Dell and 19" ViewSonic
C: Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 256GB 
D: OCZ Vertex 256GB

Samsung Portable SSD T5-
Windows 10 Pro X64
Spectrum  72.7 Mbps  
TRENDnet?™s AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router, model TEW-818DRU

Edited by Kerry - 01 Sep 2017 at 4:57am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 9:57pm

Anyone know what the optimum temps are for the CPU and MOBO. Mine CPU temp is 49.5c. The motherboard temp is 31.0c.

New system:

MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro 4
BIOS: version ?

Processor: i7-4790K 4.1 - 4.4 GHz, cores, 8MB Cache (Model:
BX80646I74790K)
CPU Cooling: Intel Heatsink Fan Thermal Controlled
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400MHz C11, 1.65v
Power Supply: Ultra 600 3X
ULT40073
PCX Video: nVidia GeForce GTS 450, PCI-Express 2.0, dual Monitor DVI, DVI, Mini-HDMI,Wireless Type: 802.11bgn
Monitors: 30??Dell and 19??ViewSonic
C: Samsung SSD 850 Pro, 256GB 
D: OCZ Vertex 256GB

Samsung Portable SSD T5NDnet?�s AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router, model TEW-
Windows 10 Pro X64
Road Runner 50 MB High Speed 

Extremely general question, without details of the situation or usage of the PC. The extremely general answer is as low as reasonably possible.

Is the CPU temperature under low load conditions, at idle? CPU power saving options enabled? Any type of over clock applied to the CPU? Your CPU's throttling temperature is 100C.

The Intel stock CPU cooler usually is the most minimal CPU cooling "solution" that could be used. Particularly for a Haswell Devils Canyon processor. Can't expect great cooling at all from the Intel supplied CPU cooler. That was probably the last generation of the top 'K' Mainstream/Performance processors from Intel that shipped with their CPU cooler, since enthusiasts won't use it. My i7-7700K idles below 30C, but I have a much more substantial CPU cooler and well ventilated PC case.

Also, the PC case and number and location of the chassis fans is a factor regarding CPU and mother board temperature. The single "mother board" temperature is virtually useless besides as a very basic indicator of air flow across the board. The chipset and CPU VRM temperatures are much more important.
Kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 5:31am
Thanks  parsec.

It's not overclocked, no games, mostly non-stop editing throughout the day.

I'm mainly concerned that the temps I'm seeing are acceptable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic