ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi RGB Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snuwfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi RGB Headers
    Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 3:40am
Just got a new rig up and going, but I'm having issues with my RGB headers.. The board I am using is an Asrock x370 Taichi.. Using the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE with 2x RGB Halo Fan Frames, and the Phanteks RGB Led Strip combo set.. I have the 2x RGB Halo Fans connected with 1x phanteks RGB motherboard adapter into header #1, and the light strips connected with a seperate phanteks RGB motherboard adapter into header #2 for RGB. My problem is that I seem to have an obscene amount of whiteish hue in any color that I choose, and some strobing\flickering if I am not on the absolute most white color using the asrock RGB LED app, or via bios on v3.0.

Anyone care to give me a pointer or two? I'm a bit lost here and I'd love to use the colors! RGB Headers are plugged in accordingly, grey +12v into +12v, r g b etc.. I'm stumped and hope I don't have a faulty RGB controller.

My motherboard LEDs change just fine in the bios or with an app, however anything connected to my RGB Headers I can't change the colors too, they're stuck with a white hue.

These are the RGB lighting products I'm using; http://www.phanteks.com/PH-LEDKT.html , and http://www.phanteks.com/Halos.html

Is the x370 RGB Headers truely 12v, green, red, blue? (GRB) If so that maybe the problem and I'm completely spunked. The phanteks use 12v, red green blue (RGB) so.. why would ASRock design their RGB Headers this way if that's true? I can't find a compatible 12v GRB case light strip to save my life, maybe someone knows?

Any red, blue, or green values inside the BIOs or ASRock RGB Program makes the LEDs a blueish-white. I've tried disabling the green, and red channel and using just blue and I still have the same issue.

Edited by Snuwfer - 01 Sep 2017 at 4:01am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 4:16am
Not sure, as I don't have any direct experience, but .........

I'm not sure if this motherboard adapter cable is req'd with the Halo _and_ RGB LED strip(s) or not. The Halo page states it is for the Halo.

Do Phanteks cases have/come with their own proprietary controller that this motherboard adapter is not req'd????? If so, I'm betting this is your issue.

On the page:
http://www.phanteks.com/Halos.html
Originally posted by Phanteks Phanteks wrote:

"Compatible with Aura Sync, Mystic light, RGB Fusion, using the Phanteks RGD LED adapter * (PH-CB_RGB4P)
* RGB LED adapter is not included

Phanteks RGB LED 4-Pin Adapter - $4.99USD
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812987031

Snuwfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snuwfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 5:29am
I was able to figure out my problem...

Turns out the LEDs are improperly wired on the LED light on the new Enthoos Pro M SE for the power button...

Took the power button LEDs out of the rgb connection system that I was using, and hooked up the standard sata power for just the power button LEDs and viola, agony is ended. Case looks all purdy now. Thanks for the input though, its muchly appreciated.
Upon further inspection I quickly figured out that Phanteks use the same connection type as the motherboard I'm using so that was never the problem.
The LED Strip combo kit came with an included motherboard RGB header adapter for the light strips, however Halo RGB Fans do not come with any included adapters when purchasing the Enthroo Pro M SE so I had to purchase one to use the fan frames.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 8:21am
Good. You have it going.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic