ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 12:18am
It's worth pointing out that you can now roll back drivers within Device Manager. You can just go into safe mode and roll back drivers ez now.
PinetreeRoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinetreeRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 12:08am
After reading a few comments saying they didn't have increased boot times, i decided to reinstall the v3.10 BIOS. So i rolled back the BIOS to v3 and reinstalled v3.10 (both) from a USB drive this time and i no longer have the increased boot times i bitched out before.

So i'm wondering if my boot issue was related to installing the BIOS through the internet flash utility within the v3 BIOS. Maybe it was just a fluke.

So for the record if anyone else had issues with the latest BIOS increasing boot times, roll back the BIOS and reinstall the latest BIOS.

I also want to point out a bug  that has been present in the BIOS for a few versions, as it seems nobody is aware of it. If you apply a saved on board profile while in UEFI mode (CSM disabled) the BIOS will completely freeze. It doesn't recover, and you have to manually power down the system. It will still apply all the settings from the profile though (you can verify this after force rebooting). With CSM enabled profiles apply as expected.
010101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 010101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 8:12pm
Well whyt the last bios my fuking kit of hynix m die dual rank f4-3200c16d-32gtzsw Is seem to be stable whyt 1.40 vdram at 2933.... on taichi... i need more test and test low timinings

Edited by 010101 - 15 Sep 2017 at 8:16pm
Denroth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 5:59pm
@wardog
so should I install this latest bios on x370 killer?
Zach1928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach1928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Korb Korb wrote:

Hello guys, I would like to buy new components for my first pc build after years passed on a toaster laptop...

The only certainties in life are death and taxes.. so the only way is to try and see even with current UEFI versions. Though your odds are better with Flare X and anything else on the QVL's.

Edited by Zach1928 - 15 Sep 2017 at 7:22am
Korb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Korb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 1:13am
Hello guys, I would like to buy new components for my first pc build after years passed on a toaster laptop:

• ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Edition 8GB GDDR5

• Case NZXT SOURCE 340 Midi-Tower black Window 

• CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 WRAITH 3400 AM4 BOX Wraith Spire 80W Cooler

• ASROCK AB350 Pro4 

• 16GB (8x2) C14 GSkill FlareX [F4-3200C14D-16GFX] (513905)

• SSD 2,5 250GB Samsung MZ-75E250B 850EVO -

• HDD int. 3,5 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

• PSU 550W Corsair RM550x

I was wondering if with the new AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS update the RAM problem is solved. Can I reach 3200 out of the box? Is a 16GB  C14 GSkill FlareX overkill or should I stick to a cheaper  C15 16GB GSkill RipV K2 (they're both 3200MHz)?

Edited by Korb - 15 Sep 2017 at 1:32am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:15am
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

By the way respect to my electricity problem, do you think thats the culprit of my gaming performance, that i feel like mouse, and monitor slow? like visual lag, input lag etc?

There is no way to determine that remotely.
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:11am
By the way respect to my electricity problem, do you think thats the culprit of my gaming performance, that i feel like mouse, and monitor slow? like visual lag, input lag etc?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:54am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

id guess
they either are not windows certified yet, or asrock havnt noticed they got windows certs

however

i go direct to amd for chipset drivers
search on amd website for
chipset
am4
x370
windows version

and you can open device manager and manually ask windows to search for update driver for lan and sound

if windows has it it will update for you (this is usually done in the background anyway on windows update tuesday,once a month)

ASRock will only update drivers on a MB's page after and only after their engineers have certified them, in house.

@ datonyb

Really? Windows Update? Not on your life will I let Windows Update update my hardware. I even set Windows to not consider updating my hardware so it will never ever happen.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

No. Go to the device manufacturers website.

I guess I'll create a Sticky that links to the device/chip manufacturers ASRock use. Look for it here in a short.

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:21am
id guess
they either are not windows certified yet, or asrock havnt noticed they got windows certs

however

i go direct to amd for chipset drivers
search on amd website for
chipset
am4
x370
windows version

and you can open device manager and manually ask windows to search for update driver for lan and sound

if windows has it it will update for you (this is usually done in the background anyway on windows update tuesday,once a month)

Edited by datonyb - 14 Sep 2017 at 4:28am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic