ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.0.6b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thuckechsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
Can someone guide me the offset voltage section in bios 3.1, I cant find it in OC Tweaker anymore.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 6:24pm
@ haze

what baffles me more
is how
the protection working light is green yet it says theres a site wiring fault !

if there is no earth/ground then the circuit protection can never work (in a proper electrical sense of the word fault protection)  the earth cable/connection is called a CPC for a reason (circuit protective conductor)

now reasons for the red light could be
lack of earth/ground as wardog pointed out
it could also depending on what the extention lead is designed to detect also indicate the lead or socket outlet is wired wrong eg phase/neutral round the wrong way or in fact the earth connected to the neutral at socket or in the fuse board

any of these would still allow an ac device to work
i would suggest first get someone with an electrical background to look at the house/office

or indeed to diagnose what the problem is yourself buy one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacklife-Advanced-Socket-220-250V-Neutral/dp/B073ZC61YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505125334&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=socket+tester&psc=1

the above link is for 230volts, i dont know if your country uses 230 or if its on 110v
you would have to ask locally if so you need to find similar to the linked version but in a 110v version

EDIT HAZE
dont buy the one in the link its not got the correct pin patern for your country, find something similar for your locale
(basically you just plug these things in and the lights detect what the fault is)

Edited by datonyb - 11 Sep 2017 at 6:27pm
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Ricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 6:56pm
-

Edited by Ricky - 12 Sep 2017 at 8:13pm
x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:54am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by x58haze x58haze wrote:

@Wardog excuse me sir

When do you think that asrock will upload or make the agesa 1.00.6 b for motherboards like asrock ab350 fatality?

And by the way, do you think that , a bad wiring electricity can cause bad performance on pc? even if the Power supply has a good reads of 12v 3.3 5v?

im asking this because i do have a Power-strip with light indicators and it seems that the Wiring Fault zone is on reD<-- x.x

They are working on releasing them.

That "Site Wiring Fault" indicator is most likely signaling that outlet probably has no third wire ground present.

Too, remember, "good reads" is only Volts, not amps/watts.

No. I'm no fan of outlet strips to plug computers into.

House wiring can be problematic.
How many fuses/breakers are located in your fuse panel?
How many rooms?
Is any kitchen appliance(s) on the same circuit you're using? Fridges are notorious feedback/noise generators. Same with HVAC.

Thanks bro for helping me

Look this is the Circuit Breaker of the Apartment
And the first 4<-- breakers are of 20V
The 4 that are below, are 2 of 40v, and 2 of 30

The first Breaker of 20 V is where is my Pc connected, i dont have Bipolar-transformer, you know those that are like 2 breakers in one for Fridge etc i dont have.. i realise that...

Another thing is that here in this apartment there are:
- 2 rooms (2 tv + Direct Tv )
- A living Room (filled with a 40 inch big old tv 1980, home theater)
- My room with 3 PC (mine ryzen+gtx 1060, others 2 pc like dualcore)
- bathrooms (3)
- The kitchen = Fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer, micro-wave
- Total Light Bulbs in general 15-16.

By the way in my mom room, there is a air-conditioner portable i guess those use 110v, but i dont know here was a electrician but he only told me about to changes the first 20v for one of 30v. but i think he was in hurry i dont know :/

x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

[URL=][/URL]@ haze

what baffles me more
is how

if there is no earth/ground then the circuit protection can never work (in a proper electrical sense of the word fault protection)? the earth cable/connection is called a CPC for a reason (circuit protective conductor)

now reasons for the red light could be
lack of earth/ground as wardog pointed out
it could also depending on what the extention lead is designed to detect also indicate the lead or socket outlet is wired wrong eg phase/neutral round the wrong way or in fact the earth connected to the neutral at socket or in the fuse board
?
any of these would still allow an ac device to work
i would suggest first get someone with an electrical background to look at the house/office

or indeed to diagnose what the problem is yourself buy one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacklife-Advanced-Socket-220-250V-Neutral/dp/B073ZC61YK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505125334&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=socket+tester&psc=1

the above link is for 230volts, i dont know if your country uses 230 or if its on 110v
you would have to ask locally if so you need to find similar to the linked version but in a 110v version

EDIT HAZE
dont buy the one in the link its not got the correct pin patern for your country, find something similar for your locale
(basically you just plug these things in and the lights detect what the fault is)

Hello Datonyb thanks for your comment

And yes here in my home or apartment there is not ground connection :/
And i tested this power-strip in all of the outlets, and red light reminds on, which mean there is not ground connection, also yeah the green light is turne on lol, so is not protecting anything hahah x.x

please check what i quote to Wardog, i posted the Circuit Breaker etc
I want to test more and more to diagnose what is causing this

Some friends from Mexico did changes 5 breakers in their circuit breakers, also they acquired a Bipolar Breaker (which is like 2 breakers in one) to keep in good standing their Fridge-freezers etc etc, i realise that i dont have a bipolar lol x.x
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:17am

@ haze

what baffles me more
is how

if there is no earth/ground then the circuit protection can never work (in a proper electrical sense of the word fault protection)  the earth cable/connection is called a CPC for a reason (circuit protective conductor)

Na. It will behave electrically like the wall outlet is only two prong. ie: missing that third ground wire/3 prong outlet.

Still no(t) good. Olser home were wired that way before the codes were updated to require it.

x58haze, that statement above should be adhered to and followed. Don't read some pages on the internet, declare yourself an electrician afterwards, and think you can perform electrical repairs.

Hire a qualified Electrician. That can not be stressed enough!

x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:23am

[URL=][/URL]@ haze

what baffles me more
is how

if there is no earth/ground then the circuit protection can never work (in a proper electrical sense of the word fault protection)? the earth cable/connection is called a CPC for a reason (circuit protective conductor)

Na. It will behave electrically like the wall outlet is only two prong. ie: missing that third ground wire/3 prong outlet.

Still no(t) good. Olser home were wired that way before the codes were updated to require it.

x58haze, that statement above should be adhered to and followed. Don't read some pages on the internet, declare yourself an electrician afterwards, and think you can perform electrical repairs.

Yeah but is kinda difficult, to find a passionate electrician that really love what they do, most of them just don't care at all, but hope i can find one
You say that i need to put a ground connection in home? like a copper bar
Or do a double-check in that Circuit breaker first? right? thanks again Wardog.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:27am

[URL=][/URL]@ haze

what baffles me more
is how

Yeah but is kinda difficult, to find a passionate electrician that really love what they do, most of them just don't care at all, but hope i can find one

Don't do ANYTHING !!

Let an Electrician look at it and offer their recommendations.

x58haze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x58haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:46pm

[URL=][/URL]

[URL=][/URL]@ haze

what baffles me more
is how

Don't do ANYTHING !!

Let an Electrician look at it and offer their recommendations.

Yes sir, by the way Mr Wardog, what windows are you running on ryzen? anything special, that i can dowload, i want to do a fresh install.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:57am
i gots to be honest
looking at that picture scares the be-jesus outta me !
a slight correction to your description haze ,and one that really proves wardog has a very good point
DONT TRY THE WORK YOURSELF

the reason ?

the numbers on the breakers are AMPS not volts...and im afraid mate if your not aware of the difference please stay well away from the electric
amps/current above 30ma has the capacity to kill a man (that dis board has 40 amp outlets)
volts dont really have that same worry (example the spark plug lead on your car is 20,000 volts and they just annoy you and tickle)

now back to the scarey picture
well lets say ive had apprentices with less than 3 month experiance would declare that insane
1, no attention or care as to correct or even sensible use of cable colours (there using both live and neutral coded colours as live conductors) red is live , blue and black are neutrals (single phase)
2, green is the colour used world over for the cpc/earth (it seems your guy used it as neutral)
3, out of 8 possible circuits, only two are actually wired as a ring main (niether of these are the 30amp breakers which is the norm for a ring main)
4, the lighting is by lack of choice forced to be wired on a 20 amp breaker (mate over here domestic is 6 amp for lighting and commercial 10 amp e.g. shops and offices with many lights on the circuit)
5 i wont even go into detail about the lack of skill of installer by laying both live and neutral cable directly over a bare busbar thats not even protected by a 100amp local breaker (one bit of chaffing there onto the neutral cable on the right of picture and you have a dead short with lord knows what current flowing through it (probably a 250 amp supplier breaker ) which would turn that dis board into a ball of fire

MATE GET A DECENT ELECTRICIAN IN SOON

this is what a fuse board should look like

http://www.kingelectricalservices.co.uk/index.php/gallery.html

Edited by datonyb - 13 Sep 2017 at 1:25am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic