ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

GSkill Trident Z RGB / RGB not functional

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GSkill Trident Z RGB / RGB not functional
    Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:31am
Glad to be here :)

Here is the current mess:

With my mobo (AB350M Pro 4) You can access and modify the colors on GSkills Trident Z ram only in slots 1 and 3. However slots 1 and 3 limit the ram speed to around 2133. In the proper slots 2 and 4, I can easily run XMP speeds of 3200 at CL14. However, when in slots 2 and 4, RGB cannot be detected, in this no RGB adjustment. Ram is stuck on rainbows and unicorn farts for colors.

Asking GSkill - it seems something has to be implemented in the bios for it to work properly. But they also throw out the excuse they are in beta firmware (4-5 months since an update)

ASRock, do you know of any fixes or workarounds to get RGB ram to be detected in slots 2 and 4? I have not tried the new 3.10 bios yet but high level notes did not mention a fix.

Appreciate any feedback in advance - love my mobo!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Jhelms Jhelms wrote:

Glad to be here :)

Here is the current mess:

With my mobo (AB350M Pro 4) You can access and modify the colors on GSkills Trident Z ram only in slots 1 and 3. However slots 1 and 3 limit the ram speed to around 2133. In the proper slots 2 and 4, I can easily run XMP speeds of 3200 at CL14. However, when in slots 2 and 4, RGB cannot be detected, in this no RGB adjustment. Ram is stuck on rainbows and unicorn farts for colors.

Asking GSkill - it seems something has to be implemented in the bios for it to work properly. But they also throw out the excuse they are in beta firmware (4-5 months since an update)

ASRock, do you know of any fixes or workarounds to get RGB ram to be detected in slots 2 and 4? I have not tried the new 3.10 bios yet but high level notes did not mention a fix.

Appreciate any feedback in advance - love my mobo!

Can I ask for the specific G.Skill Kit PN?

Having that I'll contact an insider that reacts fast to my inquiries.
Jhelms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:52am
You sir, ROCK :) Even if the answer comes back bad.

Model:

F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Samsung B-die. Runs like a bat outta hell - great ram. Just no RGB functionality in A2 / B2. I have read of a lot of others with the same issue.

Sincere apologies - my own memory is bad... Proper terms are:

A1 and B1, RGB can be controlled perfectly but very slow speeds

A2 and B2 RGB runs full XMP easily however GSkill RGB software cannot see or detect the ram modules installed - they claim Bios conflict.

Edited by Jhelms - 12 Sep 2017 at 4:53am
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 5:05am
so its either full play with colours and paterns and slow pc speed

or fast pc speed and LGBT RAINBOW SUPPORTER ?

be gay and happy at 3200 for the time being Smile
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:56am
Jhelms, are you running any other RGB controller software?

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

hahaha You Sir are one unhinged dude.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
Sounds like the typical conflict between RGB control software on a connected device, and the RGB control of the board.

Don't you just love no RGB standards? ASRock at one time said they use the same as Asus, AURA. If that is still true, I don't know.

Did you ask about this in G.SKILL's forum?

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:33pm
This is why I do not like RGB. If someone wants RGB thats what LED strips, fans, and cathode lights are for. I prefer my hardware to not have LEDs and the time and money that would otherwise be spent on implementing such useless features be put in to using better quality comonents on the hardware itself.

Specific to your problem, if your mainboard has the ability to set RGB stuff within the UEFI try using that and uninstalling any G.Skill software. You could also try disabling RGB LED things in the UEFI and just using any supplied software for those pieces of hardware. One of those approaches tends to work in 90%~ of cases I've encountered.
Jhelms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhelms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
I would rather they just put a damn small hard-wire on each ram module and let RGB be controlled that way vs trying to do it as they do within the ram profile.

Like I said, works perfectly in one set of slots, but not the other. Something is blocking the software from seeing the sticks in A2 and B2. Frustrating part is, the modules do not hold their settings. So I cannot program them how I like in A1/B1 and then switch. Once powered down, they loose their settings.

LOL I am flying the rainbow colors at 3200 but rather not!

For other RGB software currently installed, I use Sapphire trixx - but once set, I do not have to start or run it as it keeps the profile. I also run corsairs program for my cooler. To note, prior to installing either of those with this new build, I did try GSkills software first and same thing. Works fine in A1/B1 just not A2/B2.  So it does not appear to be an RGB conflict at this time.

Again, I am not the only one or first one with the issue. Seems more common than one can imagine. I am only seeking help here as GSkill seems to put it partially on mobo manufacturers and their bios - and then they cover themselves with the whole "this is only beta software". In short, they are selling a production product that really should be in early beta or even alpha testing determined by the number of issues that are coming up.

Edited by Jhelms - 12 Sep 2017 at 11:19pm
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:17am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Jhelms, are you running any other RGB controller software?

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

hahaha You Sir are one unhinged dude.

its british humour im afraid mate

and at its worse, i work contruction sites ...................
' we think it ,we say it '
LOL
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Jhelms Jhelms wrote:

You sir, ROCK :) Even if the answer comes back bad.

Well, it's not a BIOS conflict.

I got an email back with an attached pic using G.Skills F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZR, albeit only two 16GB sticks from the 128GB Kit, RGB working on the AB350M Pro4, BIOS 3.00, mem in slots A2 and B2

Do you have an RGB HS/F installed too? Is it connected to the proper RGB Fan Header?

Please refer to the screen as below. Note: AB350M Pro4, BIOS P3.00

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic