ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X / AB350M Pro4 too hot APU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X / AB350M Pro4 too hot APU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X / AB350M Pro4 too hot APU
    Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:49am
I have Bristol Ridge 9700 and
X370 Taichi
Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
AB350M Pro4

Then I use taichi CPU temp 27-40C and it agressive changes: fast up and fast down.
On other MoBos CPU temp 39-55C.

I want disable video adapter because I use PCI-E video card.

As I see via pciconf video disabled (no device), so probably VRM or some thing else makes CPU hot on Gaming X/AB350M Pro4.

Can Asrock support team reproduce this and try to fix?

Edited by Ivan_83 - 13 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Ivan_83 Ivan_83 wrote:

I have Bristol Ridge 9700 and
X370 Taichi
Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
AB350M Pro4

Then I use taichi CPU temp 27-40C and it agressive changes: fast up and fast down.
On other MoBos CPU temp 39-55C.

I want disable video adapter because I use PCI-E video card.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

You say your 9700 CPUs are hotter on the Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X and AB350M Pro4, because those boards can use the AMD iGPU, while the X370 Taichi cannot use the iGPU. Is that right?

But on ALL of these boards, you are using PCIe video cards, is that right?

Since you only use video cards, you want to disable the AMD iGPU on the other two boards?

In the Chipset Configuration screen, where you select video card or iGPU, do you have an option called iGPU Multi-Monitor, or something similar to that?

If you do, set that option to Disabled. That is the option used on Intel mother boards, to disable the iGPU in Intel CPUs.

But, the iGPU in any CPU normally cannot have its power set to off, so it always is using a little power and will create a little more heat.

To compare CPU temperature between the three boards, all the main parts in each PC must be the same, same video card, same PC case and chassis fans and number of fans, same CPU cooler, same VCore and CPU speed.

Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:32pm
Yes, 9700 is hotter on Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X and AB350M Pro4.

Yes,  I use pcie video card.
I change only motherboard while testing.

Yes, I want to disable integrated video.

No, I have no options to disable iGPU, only for select primary and it not help to disable iGPU.
No multimonitor option.

I understand that iGPU will consume some little power, but different between taichi and fataliti X/ AB350M Pro4 is mush more than few Watts. More like iGPU consume 15-25W whole time.
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
Update topic.
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 4:00am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

To compare CPU temperature between the three boards, all the main parts in each PC must be the same, same video card, same PC case and chassis fans and number of fans, same CPU cooler, same VCore and CPU speed.

Did you report about it to asrock?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic