ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for taichi users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
quicknick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quicknick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for taichi users
    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:11am
Enable xmp and bump down frequency from 3200 to 3066, I don't remember altering other settings. Though maybe I did and forgot, I'm not that young anymore and haven't touched the bios since June :)

I think soc voltage goes to 1.1 automatically with the higher freqs.
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by quicknick quicknick wrote:

I have the exact same memory. Not one but two kits for a total of 32GB. Runs flawless at 3066 with bios 2.40.

With older bioses I was stuck at 2666 with all four dimms, or 3200 very unstable using a single kit. I haven't tested a single kit with the newer bioses, but I imagine stable 3200 or even more is now possible.

Regarding other questions, I find the board to be stable and quiet. No noise from the board itself, also audio output is clean and of quite good quality. Cannot say about wifi since I haven't used it, in fact I did not install the antennas...

you just load xmp profile or did you need to raise soc voltage, timmings and other things?
quicknick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quicknick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:29am
I have the exact same memory. Not one but two kits for a total of 32GB. Runs flawless at 3066 with bios 2.40.

With older bioses I was stuck at 2666 with all four dimms, or 3200 very unstable using a single kit. I haven't tested a single kit with the newer bioses, but I imagine stable 3200 or even more is now possible.

Regarding other questions, I find the board to be stable and quiet. No noise from the board itself, also audio output is clean and of quite good quality. Cannot say about wifi since I haven't used it, in fact I did not install the antennas...
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:32am
bump

- Do you know maybe which version of corsair ram is mine? I use CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. On taichi QVL is listed this memorys: CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ver:5.30, CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ver 4.23
and CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ver3.32. Mine is between them? All that are listed on 3000mhz C15 so I should be able to hit minimum 3000mhz with current bios?

- Will I with wifi on taichi have good signal since my router is on the floor below, 7 meters away from my pc?
Asingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:52am
1) Does anyone here with taichi have this memory CMK16GX4M2B3200C16?

At what speed can you run it?

2) I noticed some users with taichi boards that are talking about electrical static noise that is coming from the board. Is this frequent problem with this board?

Board is stable?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic