ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS updating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zwu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:52am
forget the asrock website - get the chipsetdriver directly from AMD
you dont need anything from ASROCK
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:58am
agreed as wardog has said and zwe confirms
update the chipset drivers from amd support ,not the asrock downloads page

and install windows in uefi or things dont work correctly
watch pauls hardware he explains it

he also explains why he forgot to set it to install uefi in the first video LOL
(eg watch both vids and see the second one is a quick correction and giggle he done a schoolboy error)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 1:52am
Unfortunately it is not 100% true to avoid ASRock for DLs.  I discovered the hard way (non-recognized NIC), that the drivers for the X399 Aquantia (AQC107) NIC must be DLed from ASRock DL page.  ASRock has modified these drivers and the ones from the Aquantia site do not even recognize the AQC107.  I do not care for this process but that is how it is.  Enjoy, John.

Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 2:28am
Grab the Chipset Drivers from my post above. Those AMD links are workable.

The drivers on the ASRock site "only" get updated when a new one passes their in-house Certification. They do their level best but it's a daunting task to stay on top of.

If you'd like, I can link you to the other drivers req'd so you can begin with the latest.
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:15am
Installed win 10. BIOS in UEFI as suggested...............But it has installed to UEFI EFI shell and ignored the M.2.............Not impressed with that...............How do I get the M.2 to be boot disk? It is nominated as boot in boot sequence etc, but just comes up with no OS found so have to go back to EFI...............Should I just start again and choose legacy mode?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:38am
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

Installed win 10. BIOS in UEFI as suggested...............But it has installed to UEFI EFI shell and ignored the M.2.............Not impressed with that...............How do I get the M.2 to be boot disk? It is nominated as boot in boot sequence etc, but just comes up with no OS found so have to go back to EFI...............Should I just start again and choose legacy mode?

See Method 1:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1236&title=how-to-install-windows-on-a-pcie-ssd
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:16am
Sorry Wardog,I cannot see the link you mention for the drivers.............
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:41am
Ahhhh sh*t. Damn forum.

Here ya go stree

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

A little over 3/4 the way down, on the right.

Sorry Dude.Embarrassed

stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:08am
Thanks Wardog..................and all.............

After going through all the helpful links and advice given have come to the conclusion that this procedure is too far out of my comfort zone.............I doubt I could get it right, so have decided to go   old school on this:
I have removed the EVO 960, because it would end up  as the Ferarri in the garage that never gets used, I will set the BIOS back to default, and go with the Samsung 850Pro 256GB I have for the boot drive and the Firecuda 1TB for storage.............This level I can deal with, and have to just concede that I have a lot to learn yet before thinking about going for the M.2 boot option, but one day.....................
So just to say, I appreciate enormously the help that you lot have tried to give, I can`t help feeling I am letting you down!
So at least hopefuly I will be able to play with my new Ryzen set up and enjoy learning that, and just eat humble pie for now.....
So thanks again all, you are a sterling crew..........

Edited by stree - 24 Sep 2017 at 4:37am
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:29pm
[URL=][/URL]Well.........The silence after my surrender post let me know what you guys thought of my giving in.....and I cannot blame you after you pitched in to try and help me out...............So after 24 hours I resolved to try again using what you had already explained to me rather than ask you again which seemed a bit of a nerve............
I began by downloading BIOS 3.10 ( ASRock B350-Fatality gaming-ITX), the Instant flash version, ready to boot and hit F2 and install via BIOS, and when that was done to have another go with installing the Evo960, then installing win10 on it.
So re-installed the 960, (physically, I had packed it up ready to put on e-bay!)
Unplugged the Samsung 850 Pro SSD ( intended new boot) and the Firecuda storage, and booted up...............Decided to let it run through, did not hit BIOS, no real reason, just did........
!0 sends and Win 10 pops up.........Ah, "still on that EFI shell thing" I thought.......Looked on "my computer" and there listed as C drive...................Samsung Evo 960 256GB
So it is installed........ and win 10 is on it..............How, I do not know.......Did not do half the stuff I was supposed to, CSM GPT etc etc, but here it is and rock solid.........
So no thanks to me and all thanks to you guys, I got there.
Probably not the optimum install I know, but maybe tweakable? and anyway now to install latest AMD chipset drivers, Samsung NVME drivers etc.....
Thanks again all, you got me there in spite of myself.

PS and still have not updated BIOS yet............. probably better do it sooner rather than later

Edited by stree - 27 Sep 2017 at 10:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic