ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

1050 ti with 990FX Extreme9 no video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:02pm
Indeed Wink

It can be extremely annoying dealing with new GPUs on older platforms. It is all but impossible to be forward compatible unless the tech specs are already available. Tech City is a great channel, been watching it for years now Smile
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:41pm
i would think with the popularity of the 1050
there should be enough reason to update bios for the 990fx board
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:02am
ASRock are great with providing BIOS updates for older products, usually on a per user basis however.
tufty1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufty1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

ASRock are great with providing BIOS updates for older products, usually on a per user basis however.

Well, let's hope they are better than MSI's support!

I opened a ticket with MSI and ASRock, saying basically the same as my original post here, but asking both companies if a newer BIOS was available for either the mainboard or the video card. MSI's response was, literally:

"How odd!!!! In this case, Please contact with the retailer or local service center  for checking in detail ."

Clearly not very helpful at all, and totally ignored my eqnuiry about whether a newer vBIOS was available. The only servcie centre in the UK is many hours from me and appear to be a general electronic repair outfit, which is also not encouraging. I might be about to rethink my strategy of buying MSI Gaming X cards if that is the quality of their customer service - let's hope they get back to me with a more helpful suggestion.

Thanks for all the suggestionss so far, my value for money upgrade is looking to cost me a new mobo/CPU and RAM at this rate, not great in the value stakes!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

OR  a bios flash to the gpu card

Has the OP even yet ran MSI's Live Update to check for a new vBIOS?

It appears the latest vBIOS for his 1050 ti is 86.07.39.00.3D, dated Dec 23 2016:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=MSI&model=GTX+1050+Ti&interface=PCI-E&memType=&memSize=&since=

Wink

Geek

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by tufty1974 tufty1974 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestionss so far, my value for money upgrade is looking to cost me a new mobo/CPU and RAM at this rate, not great in the value stakes!

Heh....... Say what?
tufty1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufty1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

OR  a bios flash to the gpu card

Has the OP even yet ran MSI's Live Update to check for a new vBIOS?

It appears the latest vBIOS for his 1050 ti is 86.07.39.00.3D, dated Dec 23 2016:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=NVIDIA&manufacturer=MSI&model=GTX+1050+Ti&interface=PCI-E&memType=&memSize=&since=

Wink

Geek

I have run the MSI tool and it says everything is up to date, however GPUZ shows that I am running the slightly older BIOS, ver 86.07.22.00.58 dated 29 Sept 2016.

I have never used a BIOS from the Techpowerup archive, are they trustworthy? I did think about flashing it, but then stopped since the official MSI tool said it was up to date.

Can I trust the file and flasher tool on Techpowerup?

Edited by tufty1974 - 25 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm
tufty1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufty1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Heh....... Say what?

Well, I had a second computer (this FX 6350) doing nothing and I thought a modest video card might let it play games at a reasonable level of detail for not a huge investment of cash. The video card cost me 120, but if I have to now buy a new mobo/RAM and CPU, then that 120 will spiral to about 600! Not what I had in mind at all Cry
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 1:44am
i might be wrong here

but i think techpowerup collect /ask users to upload there bios from their stock graphics cards

i know i uploaded mine when i bought my rx480 asus dual as they didnt have it on file

if this is the case then its just an msi bios with a later revision uploaded from the same card but a later prodction run
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Nightbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:55am

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Well, let's hope they are better than MSI's support!

I opened a ticket with MSI and ASRock, saying basically the same as my original post here, but asking both companies if a newer BIOS was available for either the mainboard or the video card. MSI's response was, literally:

"How odd!!!! In this case, Please contact with the retailer or local service center ?for checking in detail ."

Clearly not very helpful at all, and totally ignored my eqnuiry about whether a newer vBIOS was available. The only servcie centre in the UK is many hours from me and appear to be a general electronic repair outfit, which is also not encouraging. I might be about to rethink my strategy of buying MSI Gaming X cards if that is the quality of their customer service - let's hope they get back to me with a more helpful suggestion.

Did you try MSI'forum ?
They are very helpful (at least with their motherboards).
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic