ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory address issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory address issues
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:01am
Hello, first sorry if my english isn't good, I'm french ;v;

So, I have problems with 2 programs, Skype and Origin, when I shutdown my PC, if those 2 programs are open, I have 2 popups (one for Skype and one for Origin) telling me that the memory at the address [address] couldn't be "read" or "written".
My memory modules (2 of 8 GB) are G.Skill Aegis 16 GB 3000 Mhz.
I tested them with Memtest, and they don't make any errors. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the concerned program, but it doesn't solve the problem.
I already asked on a french forum, but nothing worked, I tried to reinstall Windows without deleting my files, but still, when I reinstall Skype or Origin, the errors popup appear. Even if my memory modules aren't overclocked, I have the popup, so I guess that the OC isn't the problem.
My motherboard is an Asrock Z270 Pro4.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:55am
Rt clic k on the Windows Start, select System; Your "Installed RAM", what does it say?

Too on the MAIN tab in the BIOS, does it show Single Channel or Dual Channel?
Svelva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:38am
Windows says that I have 16 GB of RAM installed, correct.
On the UEFI setup it says that the memory is on dual channel mode.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Svelva Svelva wrote:

Hello, first sorry if my english isn't good, I'm french ;v;

So, I have problems with 2 programs, Skype and Origin, when I shutdown my PC, if those 2 programs are open, I have 2 popups (one for Skype and one for Origin) telling me that the memory at the address [address] couldn't be "read" or "written".
My memory modules (2 of 8 GB) are G.Skill Aegis 16 GB 3000 Mhz.
I tested them with Memtest, and they don't make any errors. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the concerned program, but it doesn't solve the problem.
I already asked on a french forum, but nothing worked, I tried to reinstall Windows without deleting my files, but still, when I reinstall Skype or Origin, the errors popup appear. Even if my memory modules aren't overclocked, I have the popup, so I guess that the OC isn't the problem.
My motherboard is an Asrock Z270 Pro4.

If you had Skype and Origin running on another, older PC, and you shutdown that PC, I assume you did not get those two messages?

What version of Windows are you using? Is the Windows installation new for the Z270 PC?

Have you installed the basic Intel drivers for your mother board? That would be the INF driver ver:10.1.1.38 and Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.6.0.1126 software.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270%20Pro4/index.asp#osW1064

I assume if you closed Skype and Origin before you shutdown the PC, you would not see those messages?

You might just be getting a bad interaction between those two programs and Windows when it shuts down. That means those two programs are still trying to run while Windows has stopped running its networking services, for example, and the two programs have not yet stopped running after Windows sent a termination request to each program. So that is not a problem with your memory, just a problem between the Windows shutdown process and those two programs.

I have occasionally seen a message from Windows Explorer when I shutdown my PCs, that it has a problem. It seems something it depends on has stopped running before it should have stopped running. I've only had that message on PCs that use very fast NVMe SSDs, is that what you are using for the Windows drive?

Svelva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:03pm
I have a laptop with Windows 10 with Skype and Origin, and I don't have any popup on shutdown.
I have the latest version, and yes, the installation is new (2-3 months), the problem happened 1 month earlier.
I installed the latest drivers, but I still have the popups.
When they're closed I don't have the message.
I don't think so, because when I uninstalled Origin and reboot, Skype still gave me the message.
My Windows drive is a SATA SSD, the Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB
Svelva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:00am
Nothing? ;-;
Svelva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
Please help ;w;
Svelva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svelva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 1:04am
Errrr I found the problem, it was my Xonar DGX Asus sound card ;v;
I can't uninstall it because I can't have sound ;v;
The uni driver doesn't change anything.
I'll try some things on the Xonar panel to try to solve the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic