ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Taichi won't boot up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WarpedTrekker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 Taichi won't boot up
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by thegreatskywalker thegreatskywalker wrote:

What RAM do you have?

4 x CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236315

I'm now running the latest BETA BIOS and that seems to be helping so far. Every time I power up the system now, it has been working.

thegreatskywalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegreatskywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 10:24pm
What RAM do you have?
WarpedTrekker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 7:15am
My X399 TaiChi sometimes won't POST! I power it on, fans spin up, no KB/MS power, and nothing on the screen. I hold down power button until it powers off, then press power button again, and then it normally will work again. I got latest BIOS v3.30. Why does this board have issues powering on? I tried taking out memory and all cards except for GPU, and it still won't power on sometimes.

Config:
64GB - Crucial 16GB x4 DDR4-3200MHz at 2933MHz.
EVGA Nvidia 1080TI.
EVGA 1000w PSU

Edited by WarpedTrekker - 07 Sep 2018 at 7:15am
bam88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bam88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:39pm
Update: I have removed the X399 TaiChi from the MB, and tested with a new PSU that is working on another rig. Same conditions as before, LEDs on the MB light up but no fans and no post. I have swapped the CPU Power Cables too with the same results. I have updated the BIOS flash via a USB following the instant flash instructions and successfully updated to 2.30 and 3.30 (using "creative.rom" and the USB slots to the right of the Audio on the bottom, and holding down the BIOS Flash Button on the MB. The MB cycled through flashing green lights until stopping which is the success state. Cannot get into BIOS to confirm, because of a lack of post). I've tried reseating the CPU itself, this did not help the situation.

Going to RMA both the CPU and MB to be safe, as I just purchased the parts this week.
bam88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bam88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 5:33am
Gentlemen, I'm having a very similar issue as the previous poster, except that I'm most certainly using a (4+4)pin for CPU power location 9 and a (4)pin for CPU power location 2. I get blue and green lights on the motherboard, yet not fans spin and the Debug LED does not show any post codes. I'm stripping down the case in the morning to try to post just the MB (TaiChi X399), CPU (1900X), and a single stick of RAM (Trident-Z 3200MHz CAS 14) with the PSU (1000W Seasonic Prime Titanium). Unfortunately I don't have a molex to fan connector, but the PSU does come with a tester for the 24 pin MB cable.

Thoughts?
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:55am
"I sent a note to G.Skill Technical Support asking about the quad kits I posted above.  Will report when I hear back."
Response I received from G.Skill Support:
They will be available once motherboards/BIOS can fully support them. It takes a long time because our products are typically created much sooner than other hardware like motherboard to support them. We can't release them because people think new hardware can run at full speed, and if it doesn't they think it is a problem with RAM, when in actuality their system is just not capable of it yet. The RAM will always be capable of the specs, that's what we offer
Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:42am
youtube
level1 tech

he likes the amd /am4 platform and uses linux

maybe worth a look  mate
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:08am
sdlashley, I would suggest you see if Intel has a driver for its WiFi for Linux.  Aquantia has Linux drivers but ASRock has made mods to the W10 driver and may have changed the Device IDs.  I would suggest you try the Linux driver but they well may not work.  A number of users work on fan control and hopefully they will comment.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
sdlashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdlashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:02am
WiFi works!
For other OS's (meaning now Windows) have to enable in Bios. I did and it worked.
Ryzen 1950x,ASrock Taichi,128G G Skill Flare X 2133,EVGA 750 G3,MSI GT 710,Fractal Design Celsius C24 & R5 Black Silent, Samsung 960 EVO M2 500G & 960 Pro M2 1Tb, Ubuntu 16.04
sdlashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdlashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:51am
Unfortunately, ASRock has no drivers available for linux so I'm pretty much on my own.
I don't need wifi, but, it would be nice to get it working.
Bluetooth worked fine (keyboard, mouse).
Tried Ultra Fastboot and that does not work, drops me right back into setup.
I believe I'm on BIOS P1.30... I haven't changed anything yet. Going to run with that for awhile to make sure everything is stable. Using defaults for everything. No SVM mode.
Linux does see all 128G! Trying to push the M2 drives to see if I can get to 1M iops. That takes a bit of doing!
I'm so newb... its almost (well, it actually is) embarrassing. All my previous builds (probably 10 or so) were simple. First experience with water cooler & linux. I should clarify, I've been on Linux for like forever but never dealing with bleeding edge hardware. I think ubuntu 17 has some software and settings to get the hardware monitoring that 16 doesn't have so I haven't got that running.
Again, if I can indulge, how should I setup my fans and cooler? I plugged the cooler into mobo location 1 (which I think is Chassis Fan 3) and its set to auto.  In the setup, I see PWM Mode (which I can switch the cooler to and DC Mode. How should I set those up?
Remember... no plans to OC but I definitely will run some tests which will put the machine to its edge. 
Anything else I should be concerned with?
Any other place I should post cause I'm guessing a few folks will want to see this can be done (or maybe not).
Again, thx in advance.
Ryzen 1950x,ASrock Taichi,128G G Skill Flare X 2133,EVGA 750 G3,MSI GT 710,Fractal Design Celsius C24 & R5 Black Silent, Samsung 960 EVO M2 500G & 960 Pro M2 1Tb, Ubuntu 16.04
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic