ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 7 USB Patcher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 7 USB Patcher
    Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 8:14am
I'm trying to use the Win 7 USB Patcher utility to create a Windows 7 installation. I understand the process just fine, but the problem is the darn utility wont launch. I've tried it on a couple different computers using Win 8.1 and Win 7 with the same launch error.

Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to be using ASRock Z170 motherboard to run this program, because the whole point is I cant get Win 7 installed with out this installer slipstreaming the drivers for me.

Thanks!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:00am
What are you using for the Win 7 installation media, an optical disk or a USB flash drive and ISO file?
Lvcoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:09am
Click the link I provided, then choose 100 series.  Then choose the option farthest to the right called "With a USB drive and any kind or keyboard" 

That's the method I'm trying to accomplish. But like I said, if the utility won't launch I can't do anything.
Thanks!
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:00pm
Yes, I needed to know which method you were using out of the three.

I just downloaded the Windows 7 USB Patcher ver:1.0.4 on my X99 board, and ran it. It started just fine for me. I don't have a Win 7 USB installation drive connected to the PC for more testing.

At what point is it failing and displaying that message?

Lvcoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:25pm
It displays that message right when when I try to launch the program.
Bastelbogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bastelbogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Lvcoyote Lvcoyote wrote:

It displays that message right when when I try to launch the program.

Same problem here (Win7/64).
Lvcoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 7:01am
Only thing I can think of is you need to use it on a system with an ASRock motherboard? If that's the case, it wont make a new customer to ASRock very happy. Anyway, I got it done finally using another manufacturer's technique. 

It would be nice if the ASRock tool worked though, it looks like a lot easier process than what I ended up having to do.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 12:47pm
I have no way to verify if the PC being used with this utility must have an ASRock board in it.

If it can't be used with other boards, that is a limitation that is not stated in the instructions, as you know.
Lvcoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lvcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 1:08pm
I emailed tech support a few days ago, but no response from them. Would be interesting to know the answer though. Perhaps you know someone within ASRock who can shed some light on the issue.
Thanks parsec!
Bastelbogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bastelbogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I have no way to verify if the PC being used with this utility must have an ASRock board in it.

So you don't have any PC with a Non-ASRock board in it?

Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

If it can't be used with other boards, that is a limitation that is not stated in the instructions, as you know.

Limitation? The tool would be completely useless, as you had to buy two ASRock boards to install Windows on one of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic