ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi 1.70 BIOS error code loop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DylanSchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X399 Taichi 1.70 BIOS error code loop
    Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:11pm
I have a X399 Taichi  running with 1.50 bios, if I flash it with 1.70, the system goes in a UEFI error code loop. Does anyone have similar experiences, or even better, a solution ?

It just loops over these error codes:

de
ad
a2

for now I used the bios flashback functionality to back to the previous bios, but I would like to make use of the NVME raid in future. ( just running a single SSD at the moment, no raid at all )

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by DylanSchell DylanSchell wrote:

I have a X399 Taichi  running with 1.50 bios, if I flash it with 1.70, the system goes in a UEFI error code loop. Does anyone have similar experiences, or even better, a solution ?

It just loops over these error codes:

de
ad
a2

for now I used the bios flashback functionality to back to the previous bios, but I would like to make use of the NVME raid in future. ( just running a single SSD at the moment, no raid at all )

We have had no user experiences with the 1.70 UEFI version at this time, since it is so new. You are the first one to post a thread about it that I am aware of.

The only POST code, of those you listed, that matters is the last one shown that remains on the display. That would be the A2 code, which is related to SATA.

A POST code indicates a problem only if POST fails on a particular POST procedure. The other codes you listed are not problems, they passed their tests and continued on to the next POST test.

So this problem happens immediately after flashing to 1.70, and you've never been able to get into the UEFI/BIOS with 1.70, correct?

Was the SATA mode set to RAID with UEFI version 1.50?

What version of Windows are you using?

Just wondering, are you using a SATA SSD, or NVMe SSD?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:13am
may i suggest
enter bios
and reset bios to defaults
save and exit
enter bios again check it set to defaults save and exit (power off totally now)
unplug any sata and nvme drives
reboot and try the bios update/instant flash IN BIOS
save and exit reboot (if it will) to bios
save and exit ,and now connect whatever ssd/hard drives you wish to use

this is probably what parsec is thinking also that you may have an issue with a previous installtion
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:55am
DylanSchell, please use this link to decipher the loop:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017

My quick look says memory testing.  Those are probably progress codes not error codes.  You probably have memory problems.  Please be sure to go into BIOS and hit F9 (Load UEFI Defaults) and try again.  You can also try disabling Advanced Training.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
malkazoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malkazoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:14am
Same exact problem here although updating to 1.70 from 1.40.
Not sure what RAID settings were prior to flashing the bios.  
DylanSchell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DylanSchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:17pm
Yes as soon as 1.70 is flashed, a number of post codes appear ( I have no log of all of them, but at some point it starts looping the sequence continuously 

there's a sata m2 ssd on the board, and a single spinning rust disk on one of the sata connectors. there is no raid involved at all.

when I flashed back the 1.50 I did reset to defaults, and tried to flash the 1.70 from the bios with the same results. ( the looping status codes ), with no way to actually enter the bios.

I can try to do it without the sata devices connected when I have more time, it's a pain to access the m2 slot to remove the ssd in there, maybe this weekend I have more time to experiment, but during the week, I need my pc operational.
kotodama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotodama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 3:00am
Yup get the same issue with the same codes. Downgrading to 1.50 fixes the issues. 1.70 is borked for me.

Config is Windows 10 on a SATA SSD and an NVMe SSD as a data drive.
dechamplian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dechamplian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:36am
yES, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I UPDATE THE BIOS FROM 1.5 TO 1.7. I HAVE A BOOT SSD SATA TOO. HE SEND TO ME A EMAIL TO FLASHBACK MY BIOS BUT AFTER BLINKING THE BUTTON TURN ON.

I FLASH THE BIOS FROM 13 TO 15 VIA WINDOWS BUT THIS TIME I TRY THE UEFI TO YPGRADE.
DO WE HAVE A ROM BIOS TO RESET IT.

Edited by dechamplian - 07 Oct 2017 at 7:02am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:18am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017

That dates back to Sandy Bridge.

Here. I'll post a link to something way WAY newer:
https://ami.com/ami_downloads/Aptio_V_Status_Codes.pdf
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:20am
Originally posted by dechamplian dechamplian wrote:

yES, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I UPDATE THE BIOS FROM 1.5 TO 1.7. I HAVE A BOOT SSD SATA TOO. HE SEND TO ME A EMAIL TO FLASHBACK MY BIOS BUT AFTER BLINKING THE BUTTON TURN ON.

I FLASH THE BIOS FROM 13 TO 15 VIA WINDOWS BUT THIS TIME I TRY THE UEFI TO YPGRADE.
DO WE HAVE A ROM BIOS TO RESET IT.

Your manual describes the BIOS Flashback procedure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic