ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 extreme 3 ultra fast boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panabesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 4:42am
my video card is gop compatible, i've seen it in gpu-z, and in some vbios flasher log. That's what gigabyte( graphics card vendor ) , and i've tested to another motherboard too.

on the pc that i've got the problem , i use vga. Could that be a problem ?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 8:09am
It's certainly worth trying another output on your video card as a test.

VGA is an analog signal, DVI-D, HDMI, and Display Port are all digital signals.

I install and boot Windows on all my PCs (five) in UEFI booting configuration, with CSM disabled. The video cards I happen to use, the oldest being an EVGA GTX 650 with a GOP compatible VBIOS update, all have GOP compatible VBIOS. Even the integrated Intel graphics are all GOP compatible, at least as far back as an i7-2600K.

I never use the VGA output/input with my PCs and monitors. I do NOT know if VGA signal is not GOP compatible since I don't even have a video source with a VGA output on the PCs that are up and running currently.

You may be able to teach us if VGA is not GOP compatible, if you try a digital video output and it works. Or at least with your video card. I'd really love to know that, please try a digital output! Big smile
panabesk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panabesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 2:19pm
That was the problem !!! I can't believe that ultra fast boot wouldn't work because of vga. I used HDMI and it worked.

I've heard that in ultra fast boot mode , you can't enter uefi settings. In my motherboard i can enter uefi settings if i hit del very quickly. This is not a problem, I think of that as an advantage!! But i didn't know it is possible
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic