ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AVX Offset Problem - Gaming - Coffe Lake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AVX Offset Problem - Gaming - Coffe Lake
    Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 5:19am
Hello. Hi,

I bought a Coffe Lake 8600k with Asrock Fatality k7 z370.
I'm not the only one that's happening, but there is a problem with the AVX Offset.

When you set an AVX offset, in all games I've tried, the frequency oscillates a lot between the set frequency and the AVX frequency.

I understand that games do not use AVX instructions.

What's going on?
daicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:31am
Nobody?
If I'm not mistaken:
If I run OC CPU at 5Ghz and AVX offset at 4.7.

Why does the CPU range from 5 to 4.7 in games? :-S

If the games do not use AVX, it should be in 5GHz: -S
Demon009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demon009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 5:47am
Same problem on a z270 k6 as rock doesn't seem to understand how to do a proper avx offset it seems
daicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 2:18am
news ?? :-(
Demon009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demon009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 2:27am
I believe it's been broken since z170 so the chance of them fixing it now is slim I just leave it off since I don't do any avx code
agentbad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 6:01pm
From what I've read some games do actually use AVX but it's usually for things like the main menu. Just turn it off if it bothers you.
Demon009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demon009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:27pm
The oddness is you can run a stress test that you know doesn't have avx and it will drop the speed down . Unless i am mistaken but at this point not super interested to go back and test it again
agentbad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
Set AVX to auto which is 0 and set your windows power options to performance mode. See if that helps.
evofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by agentbad agentbad wrote:

Set AVX to auto which is 0 and set your windows power options to performance mode. See if that helps.
setting mine to auto makes my 8700k fluctuate between 4.6-5ghz in games.
tiasg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiasg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 4:01am
Same problem. Auto defaults to an Offset of 4. There is no way of setting 0 Offset. Please fix this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic