ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 buzzing audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darqor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 buzzing audio
    Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:46pm
I have problem with my first self built computer. My speakers make buzzing noise when connected to rear audio jack. Also whenever I move my mouse buzzing noise increases. I do not have this problem when connecting the speakers to my laptop. Is there any way to fix the issue in my desktop? Or is the interference shielding just so bad that problem is unfixable. If that is the case I feel like I wasted 200 euros for broken product. 

My Realtek drivers are up to date.
Also my brother has exactly same specs and same problem, so I don't think that problem is specific to my board

My computer full specs:
Asrock Fatality Z370 Gaming K6
Intel I7-8700k
Asus Strix 1080 OC
Evga supernova G3 750W
Fractal Design Define R5

Speakers:
Mackie CR4
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:21pm
Do you get the same audio noise when using headphones?

This is the first time I have heard anything like this about ASRock's boards. ASRock's Audio implementation (on this and many other boards) is isolated from the rest of the PCB and even has the left and right channels on separate PCB layers, add to that Nichicon audio caps and gold plated jacks and you have a very robust (for integrated audio) setup. 

It sounds like you are somehow picking up the polling of the mouse and some other form of electronic interference. Those speakers look pretty nice, I notice they also have headphone out so try this:

Connect headphones directly to the back of the PC and test for interference, if none then try hook up the speakers and connect the same headphones to the speaker headphone out.

Have you tried the front panel audio outputs?

I have the Z270 version of your board and have not experienced any issues with it. To the best of my knowledge the audio implementation is identical. 
Darqor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darqor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:44pm
When using headphones (Steelseries siberia V2 with 3,5mm jack) buzzing noise is much less noticeable but still can be heard when moving the mouse. Weird thing is if I plug my speakers or headset to front panel there is no buzzing noise. 

So this is kind of partial fix. Cabling looks terrible but at least buzzing is gone.
It still bothers me that rear port is unusable.

Is there anything else I could try to do?

someone else seems to have same problem
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/asrock-fatal1ty-z370-gaming-k6-spulenfiepen-1179353.html
Atleast what I understood from google translation to english.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:23am
That is very odd...

Try moving around your USB devices (what ports they are connected to) as well as disconnecting them and see if maybe one of the cables isn't sufficiently shielded. I would start with connecting the mouse to the front panel ports and see if you still get the polling sound through the speakers. Dealing with audio can be tricky, any number of things can cause interference. For example I had to move my daughters PC away from one of the walls in her room because the AC unit was mounted on that wall outside and it would cause her audio to pop and crackle every time it turned on, off or changed speed. Now the PC is a few meters away and the problem is gone. 

Basically try moving things around your desk, especially things like power supplies and see if anything you have hooked up is creating interference and try to rule out the other devices connected to your system. The fact that the front panel audio is clean suggests that there is something external interfering with the signal from the rear, the connections for the front go through the same preamp (for headphones) and come from the same audio circuits. 

If you don't mind spending a little money on the issue you can try picking up a front panel audio header that screws into a free PCI slot on the back of the PC. I prefer doing this on my systems so all my audio outputs are at the back of the PC and cables can be kept tidier. If I need headphones I use an extension cable, much neater.
Darqor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darqor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:28pm
I tried removing all USB devices and changing the port where I plug my mouse, buzzing is still there if I'm using rear audio port. Even if I remove the mouse completely. I also tried to move my PC and other stuff on my desk. It did not have any effect. I also tried if connecting my speakers to different power outlet would help. It didn't help.

I appreciate that you tried to help. However in the end only way to remove the buzzing noise is to connect my speakers/headset to front audio jack.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 12:49am
Hmm, I wonder if your PSU might be creating interference. You havd the Define R5, basically the same layout as my Define S when it comes to PSU and board placement. That means the PSU is bottom mounted, right under the audio section of the board. The front and rear outputs go through different layers of the PCB so it is possible to effect one and not the other. 

If you are up for the challenge, you can try pulling the PSU out of the system and move it as far away from the board as your leads allow and see if you still get noise. Its also worth checking if your board is shorting onto something under it (like misplaced standoffs). If there is contact between the case and one of the audio circuits the case can act as an antenna, picking up and amplifying electrical noise.

You can also contact tech support directly from ASRock's website, be sure to set your region by clicking the round gridded icon at the top right of the page. Setting your region will give you the nearest tech support department to your country/location. If there is a known issue with your model board they will know about it and advise you.

I hope this helps
JakeWJF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeWJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:21am
You're not alone--I have the same problem with the same board.

Driver's updated...

Doesn't seem to matter where the PSU is (I've had it in and out of case).

I've even swapped PSUs at this point (both EVGA 1000W G2 but one's a newer version).

I RMA'd the motherboard with Newegg--new one has the same issue. I also have pops and cracks in games.

Please come back to this thread if you find a solution. At this point I am only planning on RMA'ing when the problem is a) recognized and b) fixed. Other than that we are maybe SOL.
JakeWJF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeWJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:17am
Had luck with going in device manager and selecting "Uninstall Device"--whatever Windows brought it back up on after restart doesn't seem to have the same issues for me.

"But that doesn't make any sense" Yeah I know. Shush.

Screw that plan, that plan doesn't make any sense, but I was on the right track. I noticed that even after installing the correct driver device manager was showing the Windows driver... Hmm... So finally I tried restarting into safe mode, uninstalling the windows driver, and then reinstalling Realtek drivers. FINALLY the correct driver is showing in device manager--initial testing and I haven't noticed the problem, but I thought that last time too...

Edited by JakeWJF - 13 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm
Let us know if the issue remains solved for you. 

By the sound of it, it looks like it could be a case of Microsoft strikes again. Hopefully your problem remains solved. On the up side, if there was a hardware issue then it shouldn't be working correctly at all, for any period of time. 
JakeWJF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JakeWJF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
Sure, hope Darqor reads this. I was super frustrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic