ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro 4 SATA help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sito9653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro 4 SATA help
    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:12am
Hi everyone,

Got my Asrock AB350 Pro 4 board yesterday and have it all set up with my Ryzen 5 1600. Everything was fine on the board and got windows up and running.

However I discover a problem when trying to add more drive, my SATA 3, 4, A1 and A2 port doesn't work. None of them would detect any HD I plug into them. I've tested the cable and power and they're all working when plugged into SATA 1 or 2.

To troubleshoot, I've also cleared the CMOS and removed the battery. settings were reset in BIOS but still can't detect the drive. My BIOS version is already P3.30

If anyone have any idea please let me know.. really don't want to send the board back after all the set up.

P.S. the drives are NOT detected in BIOS when connecting to those 4 port.. it's not just windows.

Thank you in advance!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:34am
M2_2 is shared with SATA3_3

A1 and A2 required ASMedia drivers be installed inside Windows.

Do the drive(s) show up in the BIOS?
sito9653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sito9653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:28am
oh that's good to know.

no the drive doesn't show up in BIOS. In fact, I've plugged the drive where my windows was installed on to all 4 of those port, and it own't pick up
sito9653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sito9653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:44pm
just went through your message again. does that mean i have to disable M2s to use my SATA3_3 and 4?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic