ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Taichi, no video from Titan X Pascal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Taichi, no video from Titan X Pascal
    Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 2:38pm
I have a perplexing issue.

I have a brand new x370 Taichi with an 1800x.

I put the mobo on my test bench with my old GTX460 and all is well.  Installed windows, nvidia geforce, updated the bios to latest, windows 10.

BUT for some reason, whenever I install my known working Titan X pascal connected to my ASUS ROG 279PG, I get no video from any port on the video card.  

I tried DP, HDMI, DVI to DP.

However, put the my GTX460 back in and connect to my old test monitor, everything is fine.

I've tried everything I know.  Ive searched the web and the forums and am at a total loss.

Any ideas?
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 3:43pm
short follow up in case anyone asks.. Im using my 850 watt EVGA G2.    All of the components in the build, except for the hard drive, were all in my previous system.

I have two sets of ram, corsair vengeance and gskill from the x370 list.  Both sets function fine in my previous mobo, which I've swapped back in my case while I trouble shoot.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 9:43am
plasma800, please post all your specifications, including OS and BIOS, in your signature as I have.  Did you DL your Chip Set drivers from here?: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
I use the right side - manually.  Please open your BIOS, hit F9, then F10 and see if that helps.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 10:36am
I updated the bios to the whatever the latest bios is.

I did not download any chip set drivers.  But I can add that to my list of things to try the next time I try to swap this board in.  I'll try to install these drivers with my gtx4xx in the board, but it's a pain in the ass... now I have to remove the water block from the CPU, reinstall the air cooler, and go from there while my wifes kitchen table is covered with my mess...

My main system is water cooled.. so swapping the board in and out is a gigantic pain in the arse.. ill only try it again if I have multiple things to try... or I'll just take the board out back and youtube myself lighting it on fire.

If I had two titan x's that would make things easier.  but I only have the one with a water block on it, so testing with that card is a lot of effort... and I'm coming to the conclusion that the effort is not worth the payoff.. intel works.. Considering everything works until the titan x is installed tells me the issue is right there at the video card.

Just sucks that the system works fine without that titan x.. but zero video with it.  I think it has to be something very simple, and I feel like it has to do with the video card and asus monitor... regardless, it doesn't function.

Edited by plasma800 - 03 Dec 2017 at 10:42am
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 10:44am
sig?
x370 taichi. bios 3.2, win 10 pro 64 bit, evga 850 g2 supernova, Gskill F4-2400C15D-32GFX, 1800x, ekwb pump, ekwb rad, samsung evo 1 tb ssd
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:20am
sig 2
x370 taichi. bios 3.2, win 10 pro 64 bit, evga 850 g2 supernova, Gskill F4-2400C15D-32GFX, 1800x, ekwb pump, ekwb rad, samsung evo 1 tb ssd
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:50am
I wonder if the driver installed for the GTX 460 won't work with the Titan X, or at least how it installed itself for the 460. We had someone that tried to Nvidia based video cards in an X399 PC, and only one card would work. No idea how that turned out.

Did you try clearing the UEFI/CMOS on the X370 Taichi after installing the Titan X?

I'm confused regarding where the X370 Taichi board is currently. In the test bench or the main system?

Can you put the Titan X in the lower PCIe slot, PCIE3? It is only a PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, but will work fine with any video card. Wait, it has the water block on it, so that is the pain. Might be the least pain to put its fans back on for a while.

Tried swapping the monitors, Asus on the 460, the other on the Titan?
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 12:07pm
ok so, "geforce experience" is geforce experience.  All drivers work across all nvidia cards.  

I'll paint a better picture.

I have my case. In it is my gigabyte and intel board, corsair ram, m.2 hdd, titan x, water pump and rad..  with tubes between it all.

Initially what I did was put my new x370 and ryzen chip on my on my test bench.  I installed an air cooler and my brand new gskill memory, along with a brand new samsung ssd hdd.  I used an older 750 watt psu and and my old gtx 460 card that I keep around for junk like this.

I booted it up on my old monitor, installed windows, got everything updated.... then comes the moment of truth.. time to put it in my case.

This means I had to uninstall the air cooler, clean the cpu.  Install my new EKWB ryzen waterbock on the cpu on the x370.

Then I have to drain the loop on my gigabyte board.  pull the radiator, pull the tubes from the cpu.

Then remove my gigabyte, install the x370.  reconnect the water tubes to the x370 cpu block, refill the water system, place all mobo cords (power, cpu power, case plugs, fans, etcc..) then crank it up.. only to find no output to my monitor.

Previously, I had fine output on my test bench.   So I turned the system off, and pulled the titan from the slot.  Since it's connected to the water loop, I had to just let it hang there while I slid the gtx 460 into place to see if I would get video output from that card.  which I did.

So I updated the bios, installed some nvidia drivers, and removed the 460, placing the titan back.. nothing.

So more info.  I have two monitors.  one old junky blue cable test monitor, and my asus rog 279PG.

The asus only takes Display port or HDMI.

My old monitor only takes blue.

My titan has DVI, DP, and HDMI out. 

My gtx 460 only has DVI out.  So wtih a DVI adapter to blue cable, I can run the old monitor on my GTX460.

However, the DVI port on my titan x doesn't match the adapter, so my only choice is to to run the titan x to my asus monitor via DP, hdmi or dvi to DP cable I bought from amazon.

So I cannot test the titan x on the old monitor, I can only connect it to the ASUS ROG monitor. .... and I can only operate the gtx460 on the old monitor, not the asus ROG>.....

Edited by plasma800 - 03 Dec 2017 at 12:13pm
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 12:09pm
so.. what im saying is.. after i installed the mobo in my case.. it works fine with all of the hardware in my case, including the water cooling.. as long as I have the GTX460 installed on connected to my old monitor.

When I remove the 460, and install my titan x connected to my ROG, i get no video signal and can't do anything.

plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 12:12pm

It's a mess.. you can see my titan x hanging there.  I have to slide the 460 in, connect to my old monitor.. i have video.  Take it out, put the titan x in the PCIE slot to my asus.. no video.

Edited by plasma800 - 03 Dec 2017 at 12:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic