ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:16am
I never had this problem with memory too...
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:53pm
Can't tell that for sure but i had an Asus Z370-A a while ago here which did not have had this problem at all.
Vingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

Well i flashed the new bios (3.20) and took a short look on the default xmp settings with my 3200mhz ram. I didn't like what i saw so i switched back to "my recommended settings". I just dont care anymore for myself but what asrock does is simply not understandable since so many people having those issues with any kind of ram. those default settings for vccio and vccsa are insane and making many systems unstable.

Best Regards
Is it a common problem for all motherboards or just for Asrock ?
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Well i flashed the new bios (3.20) and took a short look on the default xmp settings with my 3200mhz ram. I didn't like what i saw so i switched back to "my recommended settings". I just dont care anymore for myself but what asrock does is simply not understandable since so many people having those issues with any kind of ram. those default settings for vccio and vccsa are insane and making many systems unstable.

Best Regards
Huzzaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huzzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:09pm
15th Oct a new UEFI firmware version was released. I haven't got the bug myself but those of you who do, have you guys perhaps tried and tested the new one?

Apparently the improvements are:
1.Improve memory compatibility
2.Update Microcode
DWC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 4:21am
Hi all,

Just bought a Z370 Extreme4 when I found this thread and info around the web about this.

Is it fixed now?
wpiszlogin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpiszlogin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 3:06am
Hello
In my case I could get stability by disabling XMP profile and I set frequency (3000MHz) and primary timings manually. I found timings values in SPD section of cpu-z. Maybe this solution will be helpful for someone else.
leo soares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leo soares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 8:41am
Someone help me . my mobo asrock z77 extreme 4 does not have the option of XMP ja zerei a bios. I've updated more anyway so do not have the option. the 2: problem and that she put 12 gb of ram more only recognize 8 Gb help me ??

Edited by leo soares - 18 Aug 2018 at 8:43am
Foreverstorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foreverstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 1:48am
Just to update, I was still getting the occasional chkdsk error even at default XMP settings (3000MHz) using Flode's values. Since the RAM  tested fine after 11 memtest86 passes on another system I decided to fix the voltages to default (Flode's values are still higher than default)

So far have had better luck with the VCCSA at 1.050v and VCCIO at 0.950v (default non-XMP values)

I don't understand why ASROCK isn't looking into this issue since it affects everyone who buys RAM rated over 2400 MHz?

Edited by Foreverstorm - 08 Aug 2018 at 1:49am
Foreverstorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foreverstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 11:30pm
Many thanks to Flode, his solution worked a charm.

My system:
Asrock Extreme 4 Z370
2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz

I was getting persistent corruption on my SSD and mechanical drives when XMP was enabled and CPU at 5ghz. This could be solved by turning off the CPU OC or turning off XMP.

Flode's solution allows me to be stable at that configuration with the dram at 1.35v as per XMP. Now I am running it at 3200mhz stable with only a little extra dram voltage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic