ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wingman99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by razvan974 razvan974 wrote:

Sleep mode work well. Also i dont have any problems with A-Data XPG 40 modules. Voltages are set up correctly with them without any intervention...
Are you using XMP and what is the auto Vccio and Vccsa?
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Sleep mode work well. Also i dont have any problems with A-Data XPG 40 modules. Voltages are set up correctly with them without any intervention...
wingman99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

Tested 1.8 nothing fixed. However i think they dont realize this as aproblem at all.

Its not so hard ajusting these settings manually just very bad for the folks who dont know how ot fix it.

Glad i could help a lot of people.

Best regards

flode
What memory do you have and are there any other problems with this motherboard? I'm thinking of purchasing this motherboard. Does sleep mode work well?

Edited by wingman99 - 22 Apr 2018 at 8:13am
DocSteel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocSteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 5:28pm
Just wanted to chime in here by saying I had a complete new system built two weeks ago with the Z370 Extreme 4 mobo and was having the system freeze up several times every day...until yesterday.

Yesterday I went into the BIOS and disabled C-State. I never touched the voltages or anything else in there (except for upping the fan speeds one notch for safety...this room gets hot in the Summer), but once I flipped the switch on C-States ALL of the freezing problems disappeared.

I don't know if this will solve the problem for many of you--or if you WANT to solve it in this manner--but perhaps it will be of some use to someone.
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:42am
I dint have any of the problem posted here with A-DATA XPG Spectrix 3000Mhz or with Corsair CMR32GX4M4C3000C15
https://s11emagst.akamaized.net/products/5798/5797452/images/res_54107795ae580d6a07fa13995c21c82b_80x80_uoga.jpg" type="checkbox"> From my point of view ( i think probably) there are some problems with G-Skill memory modules especially and not only with the motherboard himself. But on te other hand Asrock loose in this moment on the market because those memory problems. Unresolved problems after months from when the problems was discovered and reported... I dont know what they think...
hexa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:50am

Read my post in this thread. 
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8312&title=z370-extreme4-strange-problem

Those are the problems I have currently. I wouldn't recommend the Z370 extreme4 at this moment.

Edited by hexa - 10 Apr 2018 at 6:50am
OberonV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OberonV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 3:55am
Can anyone confirm weather the XMP issues are still present? If so, how difficult is it to fix via manual settings? I was thinking about picking up this board, but now I'm a bit concerned.

Aside from the XMP issues, has anyone noticed any other issues/quirks with this particular mobo?
JoseyWhales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseyWhales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm
I have been watching my brand new RAM replacement for the Z370 extreme4, and so far: I haven't had to mess with ANYTHING, except XMP; no problems so far, it works very well now like it should be, like it did on my z97, just choose desired XMP and it should execute.
JoseyWhales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoseyWhales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
Like in my other post I enabled XMP the first time and got BSoD's for days, and then I used memtest86, and it was throwing errors out, like an allyoucaneat buffet. I tried removing sticks, placing them in different places; nothing helped.

I went back and inserted my RAM pieces back into slots A2,B2, and then enabled OC mode for CPU, and so far I haven't had issues with stresses, or anything else, yet. I am also however, receiving a replacement pack for my RAM, i'll see how it goes, and update from there(with stock CPU speed).
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:51am
Tested 1.8 nothing fixed. However i think they dont realize this as aproblem at all.

Its not so hard ajusting these settings manually just very bad for the folks who dont know how ot fix it.

Glad i could help a lot of people.

Best regards

flode
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
  Share Topic