ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huzzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:09pm
15th Oct a new UEFI firmware version was released. I haven't got the bug myself but those of you who do, have you guys perhaps tried and tested the new one?

Apparently the improvements are:
1.Improve memory compatibility
2.Update Microcode
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Well i flashed the new bios (3.20) and took a short look on the default xmp settings with my 3200mhz ram. I didn't like what i saw so i switched back to "my recommended settings". I just dont care anymore for myself but what asrock does is simply not understandable since so many people having those issues with any kind of ram. those default settings for vccio and vccsa are insane and making many systems unstable.

Best Regards
Vingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

Well i flashed the new bios (3.20) and took a short look on the default xmp settings with my 3200mhz ram. I didn't like what i saw so i switched back to "my recommended settings". I just dont care anymore for myself but what asrock does is simply not understandable since so many people having those issues with any kind of ram. those default settings for vccio and vccsa are insane and making many systems unstable.

Best Regards
Is it a common problem for all motherboards or just for Asrock ?
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 9:53pm
Can't tell that for sure but i had an Asus Z370-A a while ago here which did not have had this problem at all.
razvan974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razvan974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:16am
I never had this problem with memory too...
Moblaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moblaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:48am
Hello. I have had this problem on my taichi z370 for ages!

At first I thought it was the cpu, so I swapped that to no avail.

It freezes the usb and rdp Control on the pc, but the pc still functions without screen and mouse. I have to hard reboot to fix it. The memory is not on the compatible list from as rock but is from gskill motherboard Qvl list, weird.

When XMP is disabled memory at 2133 all is well. Memory is rated at 3200.

I have since bought a z390 gigabyte master, and will try my luck there. Oh and my buddy has almost the same freeze issue with memory that is on the qvl list, and his freezes more regularly than mine once Xmp is enabled. Flodes Settings did not help.

Edited by Moblaw - 12 Nov 2018 at 4:23am
Vingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:56am
Yes, well. Thank you a lot Flode for figuering out the solution for that issue. We owe you.
In addition i also decided to decrease the voltage to 1.20 iunestead of stock 1.35.
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Vingolf Vingolf wrote:

[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

Best Regards
Is it a common problem for all motherboards or just for Asrock ?

I see the same issues with the ram in the Asus forum
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

0w6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0w6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 11:27pm
Just wanted to report that I'm also experiecing this problem.
I5 8600k
Z370 extreme4
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz lpx 2x8gb
Flode's solution not working for me.
Any other solutions? I don't really want to scroll thru 13 pages
Vingolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vingolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:09pm
Flodes' solution is the only way to set the memory clock of RAM to proper frequenzy. It should work, unless you are doing something wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic