ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vexz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by techdiver techdiver wrote:

Just going on my previous experience. If I enabled XMP my system would become unstable quite quickly (unless I manually adjusted VCCIO and VCCSA) but now it runs normally without any adjustment.

Yea you said that already. I've tried it with the latest BIOS and it's not running stable when I leave the fields "Auto" for VCCIO and VCCSA. My computer crashes within 1 to 2 days. Without XMP it's running rock solid.
I'm gonna let my computer run for a few days now with the lowered voltages for VCCIO and VCCSA. What makes me worry already is my Windows Hello camera because it was always a good indicator of whether my system is running stable or not. Sounds strange, right? But without XMP after I wake up my computer it goes on to check my face immediately. But when my RAM is overclocked (manually or with XMP) it takes some more seconds for it to turn on (sometimes it doesn't even turn on at all). And right now with the lowered voltages but XMP activated it still takes some time to turn on after I wake up my computer from sleep.

Originally posted by techdiver techdiver wrote:

Now in saying that, in my system, any overclock whether it be CPU or RAM causes resume from sleep issues. This is definetly still motherboard issues.

I had issues like that with my old system but that was due to a little incompatibility of my RAM in combination with my Mainboard. Aside from that everything worked just fine.
tantix02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tantix02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 12:50am
Hi, I'm new... I have the same problem with my CMR16GX4M2C3600C18 and my z370 taichi mobo. What shall I do?
ChiliDishGambino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiliDishGambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:24am
Also having this issue (using a z370 pro Fatality). RAM clocks at 2133mhz. I can set it to 3200 manually, but I have a lot of random freeze-ups in games and while running various applications. Default always sets it back to 2133. I also tried changing the vccio/vccsa settings, but to no avail.

CPU: i7-8700k
BIOS: 3.40
RAM: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 (apparently I'm not the only one having issues w/ Corsair mem)

Any ideas?
supernovah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernovah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:41pm
I can?™t get my computer to stay alive long enough to start CPUID or HWMonitor with Flodes voltages. Not with the default XMP.

I am running four sticks of F4-3200C16D-32GTZ (which are actually 16GTZs) and using XMP with an 8086 at 5GHz.

I set my latencies up to 16-18-18-38 as per the spec, and it has the problems I described.

Kind of disappointed after spending over $1K on RAM to not have it work...
supernovah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supernovah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:44pm
For some reason it won't let me edit that last post.

But I'm happy to say this is a reply coming from the PC in question.

I ran Prime95 for a while and got sick of the fans turning on, so I'm kind of happy with that.

Without changing anything from default, all I've done so far is:

XMP -> Profile 1 (BIOS 4.10)
CAS Latencies are 16, 18 and 38 respectively.
RAM target speed was set to DDR4-3200 (which sets CPU at 5.0GHz)
IO voltage was tweaked down to 1.050 and SA to 1.150 volts respectively.

Curiously, the BIOS update seems to use Intel's ME (Management Engine) differently, and now protects Ring 0 from a kernel driver access resulting in a BSOD (Or Lock/Freeze, whatever you like to call it) when you use the ASRock Utility and press "System Tools", CPU-Z or HWMonitor. So I guess I can no longer do that, and I removed them from my AppLocker execution policy to prevent them loading.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic