ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 XMP bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wond1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:32am
I'm unable to test as well but seeing as the BIOS notes state

1. Update CPU Microcode to revision 80
2. Improve memory compatibility 

I can only imagine the memory compatibility has it fixed. Interested to see if anyone can test and post results
Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:38pm
I already updated it and it DOESNT fix that. 

Shame on you AsRock for still not fixing this. 
urkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm
I would get freezes on my OC while it's rock stable with OCCT software.

I manually changed all the voltages to the settings below and it stopped all freezes. Copy all my settings except DRAM voltage and CPU core voltage.

Might want to lower VCCIO and VCCSA depending on your overclock. I'm running at 5.1 GHZ and 4200mhz on ram.

You can reproduce the freezing with OCCT software pretty fast. If it doesn't freeze for 10 mins you're good.

Edited by urkal - 15 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
Flode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:11pm
Hello together,

i updated yesterday to 1.4 and i can confirm that the problem with to high voltage for vccio and vccsa when applying xmp profile on the extreme4 has not been fixed by Asrock.

Which is kind of sad cause this thread here got a lot of views and people responding here reportig the same problem.

Asrock please start careing about your customers!

Did anyone of you got a reaction from Asrock officials?

Thanks and have a nice day,

flode
wond1r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wond1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Flode Flode wrote:

Hello together,

i updated yesterday to 1.4 and i can confirm that the problem with to high voltage for vccio and vccsa when applying xmp profile on the extreme4 has not been fixed by Asrock.

Which is kind of sad cause this thread here got a lot of views and people responding here reportig the same problem.

Asrock please start careing about your customers!

Did anyone of you got a reaction from Asrock officials?

Thanks and have a nice day,

flode
Damn that's not very good, Ii was waiting to try it out myself tomorrow hoping 1.40 fixes it but i guess ill just try out your manual method of adjusting vccio to 1.1 and vccsa to 1.15. Hope they release another BIOS that will have the issue fixed for the people who can't find this thread and are going through the headache figuring it out.
yakuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 1:25am
I have a similar problem with my Z370 Taichi on BIOS 1.30 and 1.40 and seem to recall the XMP Profile 1 recognized my 2666 RAM on BIOS 1.20 before....but I don't have any issues with high VCCIO and VCCSA numbers.  Manually entering the frequency works, but the other latency numbers are higher than native specs if everything else is left on Auto, making them non-optimized.  I don't know what numbers to input in those other hundreds of fields to correctly adjust nor should I; that's the point of XMP to begin with.  I don't want to mess with guessing what numbers to enter as it keeps crashing and won't even load the UEFI screen after saving the settings & rebooting the PC.

Update: After troubleshooting with ASRock support, I discovered one of my RAM modules failed to reach 2666 at its advertised timings.  The other one was fine, so it's a hardware problem on my sideDead

Edited by yakuman - 19 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
techdiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:51pm
Just registered here say that I too am experiencing the same issue. I was so relieved to find this thread. I had built a new system last week using the Z370 Extreme4 with the i7 8700k and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB).

I started experiencing these random freezes whilst the system was idle. I had changed the ram to XMP Profile in the bios. I was initially running 1.1 but updated to 1.4 and as everything reverted to default in the bios the issue seemed fixed. I then went and readjusted my settings in the bios to the previous (custom fan speed and xmp etc) and the issue returned.

It was then I did some specific googling and found this. Amazes this hasn't been fixed by asrock as of yet? Do they even monitor these forums?
wond1r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wond1r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by techdiver techdiver wrote:

Just registered here say that I too am experiencing the same issue. I was so relieved to find this thread. I had built a new system last week using the Z370 Extreme4 with the i7 8700k and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8 GB).

I started experiencing these random freezes whilst the system was idle. I had changed the ram to XMP Profile in the bios. I was initially running 1.1 but updated to 1.4 and as everything reverted to default in the bios the issue seemed fixed. I then went and readjusted my settings in the bios to the previous (custom fan speed and xmp etc) and the issue returned.

It was then I did some specific googling and found this. Amazes this hasn't been fixed by asrock as of yet? Do they even monitor these forums?
Probably not very actively, Did you attempt to fix your issue by adjusting the VCCIO and VCCSA as suggested by Flode on page 1? thats pretty much the only thing you can do now unless they push out another bios update including that fix.

Edited by wond1r - 19 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
urkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 6:34pm
Looks like the main reason I don't freeze is because of using offset voltage instead of fixed voltage and lowering Cache ratio.

Edited by urkal - 19 Jan 2018 at 7:20pm
techdiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by wond1r wond1r wrote:

Originally posted by techdiver techdiver wrote:

Probably not very actively, Did you attempt to fix your issue by adjusting the VCCIO and VCCSA as suggested by Flode on page 1? thats pretty much the only thing you can do now unless they push out another bios update including that fix.

I hadn't got a chance to test that yet. I will do so this evening when I'm home and report back. Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic