ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 ITX Pstates does not work properly(voltages)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 ITX Pstates does not work properly(voltages)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
skwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 ITX Pstates does not work properly(voltages)
    Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 5:26am
nnyymm,

Using BIOS 3.0, I have had some success using custom P-states. I haven't tried BIOS 3.10.

I currently run:

P0: 3.6 GHz, Vcore 1.07
P1: 3.0 GHz,  Vcore 0.87
P2: 2.4 GHz, Vcore 0.78

cpufreq and lmsensors ( in linux ) shows the states behaving as they should.

To get the undervolt that I wanted I had to use voltage offset (in OC tweaker) and adjust the VID ( in custom P-states).  I can't remember the details now, but all three variables ( FID, VID, and the other one i can't remember the name of ) had to be adjusted for this to work. It all seemed a little buggy and random at the time.

Edited by skwa - 29 Jan 2018 at 6:19am
nnyymm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnyymm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:26am
I do have vcore offset, but it is not exactly a solution. vcore is still stuck at p0 state as you can see...

From what I'm seeing right now, there is absolutely NO reason to do p0 overclocking because it is broken. I can still oc using oc tweaker and have my clocks downclock via amd coolnquiet, there is little to no reason to fiddle with the AMD CBS settings... Ermm
arsn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arsn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
I'm in the same boat. I've seen other people with the same issue and the only apparent fix is offset overclocking, which isn't a feature of my motherboard.. I don't know about yours. Here's a discussion about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/69t5ts/problems_with_pstate_overclocking/
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
try to change power supply idle control in cbs
nnyymm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnyymm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm
I think you misunderstood me. It doesn't actually matter which voltage monitoring software I use. P state simply is broken. If I leave everything default no overclocking whatsoever, the default "pstate" works. 

Once I fiddle with custom p0 state profile, it is broken. 
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 4:33pm
hwinfo shows only 1 voltage type (die)
use aida 64, it shows all cpu voltages
nnyymm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnyymm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:08pm
Update: 
I can confirm that pstates does not work properly for this board, despite only changing the frequency (r5 1600 3.7ghz) under AMD CBS/zen option (everything else stock under oc tweaker). The voltages should fallback to p1 or p2 voltages during idle, but it doesn't.

I tried manually input the SAME frequency(r5 1600 3.7ghz) under oc tweaker, it produces the SAME result as I when I changed the p0 setting under AMD CBS.

Any AB350 itx users experiencing the same as me?

Edited by nnyymm - 24 Jan 2018 at 1:08pm
nnyymm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnyymm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:59am
Hi guys, I'm currently using the AB350 itx P3.10

I've a issue with the voltages not dropping when my p state overclock falls to p1 and/or p2 state. I've ensured that amd cool n quiet is enabled and running ryzen balance plan with processor set to 0% minimum. I have also tried turning off some of the settings like performance core boost etc. The voltage is still stuck at the p0 state, according to hwinfo64. 

I'm curious if anyone has any issues with this? Any settings have I left out? Overall this is still a great motherboard!

Edited by nnyymm - 24 Jan 2018 at 1:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic