ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 windows flash updater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkOrPn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Hello,

Yeah MisterJ was completely wrong about that. 3.40 Bridge was just required in order to BRIDGE it to the Ryzen 2000 series. You flash 3.40 BRIDGE, and then you never flash it again. It was required before moving on to the new generation of Ryzen.

I too have the same issue as the OP. It is NOT the usb drives or anything else outside of the board, it is specifically this motherboard at fault. It always tells me "No image file detected" when I try to flash locally, no matter what USB flash drive I use or what format style we try, or what USB port is tried. FAT12, FAT16 FAT32, none of those matter and you can use a hundred different name brands, flash sizes etc (I've tried from 256mb, 4Gb, 16gb, 32gb and a 64GB flash drive, and using USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and 6 different brand names Kingston, OCZ, Mushkin, ADATA, SanDisk, Samsung. I even tried using an old Sony flash drive that was specifically meant for flashing BIOS files), it just doesn't matter, I will always get the same exact message "No Image File Detected". If you try using the Internet Flash feature, it obviously connects to the Internet without issue but then tells you that there is no update found for your board, no matter what country you set it to, and even if you select Auto. This board refuses to see new bios files PERIOD. Mine came with FW 3.10 and can NOT be updated. I have 50 or 60 flash drives and SATA USB drives, etc and it just doesn't matter. After 31 years of working as a Computer Tech this has become the most difficult board I have ever seen with trying to update.

I am going to try flashing using the UEFI Shell and Aptio V AFU which is completely new territory for me (might as well learn something new). lol, if that does not work, then what other method besides Windows is there? Oh, and maybe it's the REV number? I have AB350M PRO4 REV 1.01. So maybe REV 1.01 is not flashable??? I am at a loss here.

By the way, I did not create a new thread because this thread is every bit the exact same issue. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic