ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video on BeeBox N3150

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:08pm
Thank you I have shortcuted the pad with power OFF and it works! CMOS is reset, so I can see the UEFI BIOS screens again and could start my Windows.

My only problem remained the SATA cable as during few changes of SSD it worned. Someone suggested to ask ASRock for a redesigned SATA cable as this one is very rude.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 1:52am
If you contact ASRock they will arrange to send you a new modified SATA cable. Yes, they now know the original is worrisome.
purapura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purapura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by itanet itanet wrote:

Hi.
I have the same problem.
I installed 4GB (2x2) and msata ssd...at the first boot does not have video.
But when I remove the ram from the slot b (above) the beebox start with uefi.
The ram are identical but it start only with the slot a. No only b and not both.
I have reversed the ram without success.

I have already try to reinstall the uefi.

apparently it seems a problem of the sequence of post or the slot b is broken?!
Have you any suggestions?
RtotheDizzy try to remove the battery for 30 min to reset the cmos.

Late reply, but I have the exact same RAM (Kingston KVR16LS11S6/2) and the exact same issue (Beebox only starts up with one module installed, refuses to boot with two). Any updates on this? Apparently BIOS 1.50 brings better RAM compatibility, would this solve the issue?

Edited by purapura - 11 Feb 2016 at 8:12pm
LoveTheBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveTheBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 4:05am
When I was setting up my beebox n3150 I had no video, untill I unplugged my wireless keyboard. Maybe it was trying to boot from the wireless keyboard dongle??? So I used a usb keyboard, for the setup. Now the beebox is working, and so is the wireless keyboard. 
CDNKIWI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDNKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 7:47pm
Hi all,

I also have over 20 years experience building PCs so not unfamiliar and just bought the Beebox N3150 barebones a couple days ago. I fitted it with a 8GB Crucial Sodimm and a 120GB Sandisk SSD.

I experienced the exact same things as you guys described. Difficulty seating the memory and can't get it to display.

I also struggled with the SATA cable provided as you have to twist it unnaturally in order to connect it to the board and close the lid.

I also noticed the CMOS battery slides back and forth between the top of the case and motherboard. It's attached but loose in there. Is that the same for you ?

Is removing and re-installing the CMOS the only solution?

Not impressed so far.
solarice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 12:10am
iirc the logo screen says pressing Tab changes screen, so that might get you video output. Also it seems you must have the  tv (maybe also applies to monitor) already turned on and waiting for the beebox, i've found doing it the other way around means the screen stays black until reboot.

Edited by solarice - 17 Apr 2016 at 12:13am
chinchaunacka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinchaunacka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 12:30am
I had the same 'no hdmi output' problem.  I found this thread *very* useful - thanks everyone.

I had used memory from a pile of swapped-out cards, so no attempt to use approved memory.  
And am older OCZ SSD disk.

My Beebox has the later SATA cable, but even with that I noticed pretty quickly that the cable(s) had to be carefully routed around the back of the memory connectors to make closing the case easy - a note to that effect in the quick install instructions would have been useful ;-)

I found that by removing the two screws on the main board and lifting it slightly it was possible to remove the battery connector pretty easily using long-nosed pliers.  Did this to reset the BIOS as a matter of course - left the battery off ~30 mins.  Don't like the shorting out two pads trick ... ;-)

However, in piece-wise re-installing the memory and disk, I found that the seating of the lower memory card was *much* more firm that the upper.  My guess is that I didn't seat the lower card properly ;-(

Now working OK.  Probably just the memory card seating, but who knows?

Mike.

SebMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 6:07pm
Im my case, reseating the mem and disconnecting the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes not worked.

I powered it on again and hit the F1, F2, F11, F12 and delete keys and suddenly the fan started to blow for a couple of seconds and the video signal came up.

SebMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 6:17pm
Never mind..... after closing the case, that crappy thing doesn't boot again......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic