ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 Boot Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbcdickmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
And, I'm back. Took it to my computer guy, explained everything we'd tried, and he worked on it for about two hours. He couldn't get it to boot, either. He suggested the following, in order:

1) RMA the motherboard, get a new one, and retry.
2) If that fails, replace the G.Skill RAM with a different brand.
3) If that fails, RMA the Ryzen chip.
4) If that fails, get a new video card.

So, I sent the motherboard back to Newegg, and I got the new one tonight.

I treated it like gold, carefully cleaned off the old thermal paste from the CPU and cooler with alcohol, let it dry, and then reapplied thermal paste and got the cpu and cooler installed. I then did everything we did above. I let it boot for 5 minutes.

Nothing.

I tried the memory in A2 and B2 or in A2 alone, and I tried clearing the CMOS again. I let it boot for 5 minutes again.

Nothing.

What do you think? As far as I can tell it's a crap shoot, and the memory seems like the next best possibility.
alinadem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinadem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:32pm
Memory compatibility is really meh compared to intel platform in my personal opinion, it could be the issue, did you exchange for the same mobo? You could try different ram, I'd suggest looking at the memory compatibility vendor list just to play it safe, it should still boot without being on that list but the safer the better, I can't imagine it being cpu, it'd be nice to try with a different mobo brand
sbcdickmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbcdickmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:39am
I checked the memory QVL for the mobo (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/index.asp#Memory) and my RAM is listed, which is why I chose it, and I've generally had good results with G.SKILL in the past. It just won't boot. I really doubt it's the Ryzen CPU, too.

I did exchange for the same mobo. I guess that I can just order a different one and see if that fixes the issue.

Edited by sbcdickmann - 17 Feb 2018 at 12:41am
Prodif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prodif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 1:23am
sbcdickmann
Bios v4.63 setup default ?
ASRock x370 Taichi (bios v2.36) / Ryzen-1800X / Crucial CT16G4DFD824A x2 / GPU: AMD R9 NANO / SSD NVMe Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P1T0BW (M.2) / HDD SATA 3TB x6 / PSU: Corsair AX860i
ps. RedDragon, by AG
sbcdickmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbcdickmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:53am
The sticker on the bios shows "P3.30." It's the same as in this picture: https://i.imgur.com/FcwW8IE.jpg.

Edited by sbcdickmann - 17 Feb 2018 at 7:55am
fmoraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmoraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:23am
Hi,
I am having kind of same problem.
My AB350 Pro4 came with bios p3.3. I updated to P3.4 as requested before updated to p4.6
I installed Windows 10 Pro after (with BIOS p3.4) but none of my GPU were running (they were detect but I couldn't benchmark them). So I update the BIOS to p4.6. After the installation complete with no problems, the computer reboot and it freezes on the ASROCK motherboard control screen. But now I can't access any of the option.
Please help.
NMF
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 12:47am
clear cmos by removing coin battery and try again
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
fmoraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmoraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:16am
[URL=][/URL]I did a couple times. It goes back to the same screen. I don?�t know if I am doing anything wrong.
I am doing as AsRock instruction. All power off (unplugged from psu) switching the pins to the short position and removing the battery. I left like that for few minutes. I switch the pin back to normal position, install battery again and connect power supply. Turn it on and still same screen... and I try to hit DEL or F2 but I have no access to my MB setup screen.
Is there any problem with this p4.6 BIOS version?

Edited by fmoraes - 19 Feb 2018 at 2:18am
NMF
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic