ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Taichi Front USB not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Taichi Front USB not working
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm
[URL=][/URL]I completed a new build with a Z370 Taichi and Intel 8700k. I am using one USB 3.0 front panel header for my Corsair C70 case, and a 3rd party card reader that uses both a USB 3.0 and 2.0 header. When I first tried to install Windows 10 off a USB stick, none of the front panel USB ports recognized the stick. When I plugged it into the back, it worked fine. Is that normal? After Windows installed all the front ports worked fine.

The real problem is that day 2 after the install, none of the front panel USB ports will read a USB 3.0 device. If I plug in a 2.0 device, some of the ports will read it. If I open Device Manager, I show a "Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub Code 43" error (USB Hub failed to reset). I tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it. I also tried disabling the ports in UEFI and re-enabling them. No help. The rear ports work fine. Any ideas?

Edited by gman737 - 02 Feb 2018 at 3:12pm
margaspeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote margaspeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm
Have you tried it on other PC?
Try to reformat it if it won't work. 
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 12:23am
Front Panel Connector maybe need an additional Driver to work properly as the mainboard might only use on board USB ports till u reach windows
gman737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 5:41am
Update: Did a complete reinstall of Windows. Same thing- Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub Code 43 error. I also cleared CMOS before I did the reinstall. I also unplugged all the front USB cables from the mobo and plugged in again.

I have 2 USB thumb drives, one is 2.0, other is 3.0. Both work on all the rear USB ports and on other computers. The USB 3.0 drive is not recognized on any 3.0 front panel port but will work off the 2.0 ports. The 2.0 drive will read off of all the front ports except one 3.0 port. This correlates to the SuperSpeed USB error. Again, everything worked the first day after Windows was installed.

I'm guessing it's time for a RMA?
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:01am
Okay then... just for the lols i Tried myself also only one USB 3.0 Front works...

Well then just Changed the USB Header from the upright one to the one next to the sata ports. Now both work so either i did not plug it in properly the first time or the port is faulty. But im too lazy to test this now

Edited by Animalm4st3r - 03 Feb 2018 at 7:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic