ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Set ram to 3200Mhz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
vujay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vujay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by jclausius jclausius wrote:

Do you know if your RAM has XMP profiles? My guess is that it does.

Assuming this is the case, in the UEFI/BIOS see if you can find the settings for DRAM or Memory configuration. Is there a setting for something like "Load XMP Profile" or such setting? If it is set to 'Auto', try setting it to XMP or XMP 2.0, exit the UEFI/BIOS and save the changes. Check your memory times and check for stability.

I have a different mobo/memory, but by default, my memory was running at the specs, until I changed the DRAM configuration to use XMP 2.0.

Yep. my ram has XMP profile 2.0

in bios, i go to ''Advanced settings''  then i click on  ''OC Tweaker'' then i choose (DRAM COnfiguration) In this menu (Load Xmp settings, BCLK Frequency, Dram reference clock and DRAM Frequency) all of this is set on AUTO. When i enable XMP-> save and exit, restart the pc then get back on bios, everything is set back on deafault settings and i dont know why.

But i upload some pics here. https://imgur.com/a/B8vA4
Hope its works.

Edited by vujay - 10 Feb 2018 at 10:11am
jclausius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jclausius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 12:06am
Do you know if your RAM has XMP profiles? My guess is that it does.

Assuming this is the case, in the UEFI/BIOS see if you can find the settings for DRAM or Memory configuration. Is there a setting for something like "Load XMP Profile" or such setting? If it is set to 'Auto', try setting it to XMP or XMP 2.0, exit the UEFI/BIOS and save the changes. Check your memory times and check for stability.

I have a different mobo/memory, but by default, my memory was running at the specs, until I changed the DRAM configuration to use XMP 2.0.

Edited by jclausius - 10 Feb 2018 at 12:29am
x299e-itx/ac | i7-7820X@3.60GHz | 32GB - 4x8GB Quad Channel@3000MHz GSkill DDR4 | nVidia GTX 1060M w/ 6GB GDDR5 | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | 160GB Seagate Momentus | Panasonic UJ265
vujay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vujay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:15pm
I`ve just build my first Pc and watching youtube about "How to set ram to 3200" cuz they run at 2133mhz. And i cant figure it out, so i need some helps.
I have not updatet my bios yet so they are in Version 1.2

I also put my ram in slot A1 and B1 in motherboards

My pc specs:

- ASRock Z370 Extreme4
- Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake Prosessor - 3.6 GH
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X - 8GB
- G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C14 DC - 16GB (8x2)
- Intel 600p SSD M.2 NVMe - 512GB
- Corsair RM650x psu
- Noctua NH-U14S
- Fractal Design Meshify
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic