FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Raven Ridge BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Raven Ridge BIOS
    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

Re the Pico and  "polarity". this is not an issue.. I have always run with Pico on ITX even ATX builds, and never been an issue, whether genuine Pico or a 10.99 clone............
Only issue I hav had, is this last week..I have 3 builds on the go, and tried to run my signature  build with 120 Genuine Pico and a 120w ( 12v 10 amp) brick. Note that this brick powered this build with gen Pico 150w and a clone 160 watt...........
According to PCprtpicker and outervision,  system  is 31w>131w......... so I thought I could run awhile just browsing on 120 pico.....but no, all sorts of issues..... back on 160 watt clone, runs great.....even though brick is 120w???
Hence my post in the build n show forum about modding case (EW-80 ITX)  for a 300w G-unique DC/ATX 24 pin and 300w brick, using 8 pin molex type power connector, because a 5.5-2.5mm would  just melt.

So just to clear up polarity issue, and hilight the under power  problems, as for what exactly is going on with your build.....??? still thinking

PS If it is a Pico, what are you using for the 8 wy ATX power?
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
Re the Pico and  "polarity". this is not an issue.. I have always run with Pico on ITX even ATX builds, and never been an issue, whether genuine Pico or a 10.99 clone............
Only issue I hav had, is this last week..I have 3 builds on the go, and tried to run my signature  build with 120 Genuine Pico and a 120w ( 12v 10 amp) brick. Note that this brick powered this build with gen Pico 150w and a clone 160 watt...........
According to PCprtpicker and outervision,  system  is 31w>131w......... so I thought I could run awhile just browsing on 120 pico.....but no, all sorts of issues..... back on 160 watt clone, runs great.....even though brick is 120w???
Hence my post in the build n show forum about modding case (EW-80 ITX)  for a 300w G-unique DC/ATX 24 pin and 300w brick, using 8 pin molex type power connector, because a 5.5-2.5mm would  just melt.

So just to clear up polarity issue, and hilight the under power  problems, as for what exactly is going on with your build.....??? still thinking

R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B
lurdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:40pm
Hello

So I've talked with the RMA and they assured me that the BIOS was upgraded twice and the latest version is 4.5
I have acquired a speaker from work, and borrowed a dedicated GPU.

In order to not introduce to many variables at once, I started out by attaching the speaker.
Tried a new HDMI cable. And I reversed the button button connector... The latter was thought to have no impact since it just leads to ground.
I pressed the start button and the speaker gave me 5 beeps , I could see a message on the screen telling me to insert boot device. HURRAY!
The 5 beeps was because I hadn't connected a keyboard yet. (in earlier attempts this was connected though)
The odd thing is that during the weekend I tried to boot/flash with an A6 , but this just gave no POST and the system kept running (same problem as you). This is what lead to the retailer flashing the BIOS for me.

I Should inform that I am powering it with a picoPSU and the new HDPLEX H1.Sv2 case. It might be that the case power-on switch has a rectifier only allowing the current in one direction Ermm
Then again how could it power on in the first place...

I thought about clearing CMOS after I got it back from RMA, but the manual advised against clearing a newly flashed BIOS. So I waited till I got the speaker and GPU.

Now the system is running and I am currently monitoring the CPU temperature to see my idle temp. with a fanless system :)

Thanks for the help guys...

sebag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:07am
Originally posted by lurdk lurdk wrote:

The boards turns on fan starts, then it shuts down after 3-5 seconds. 

Also, this appears to be a new symptom! Mine simply kept going and the only way I could shut it off was by switching off the power unit.

Keep us posted, I would be really interested in finding out what the problem is.
sebag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 4:01am
Hello lurdk,

I'm sorry I did not post anything else, but I did not really find a solution.. I ended up sending back the motherboard and I simply ordered an Asus Prime A320M-k (not a miniITX however) and everything worked perfectly. Apparently the Asus already came out of the box with Raven Ridge support, although I did not test it since the a6 9500 was the first processor I installed.
Anyway, the new board recognized everything (processor, RAM, integrated graphic unit) immediately and everything and is working fine. I only get occasional crashes while playing some steam games (oblivion, Skyrim, Civ 6 so far) but I presume it has something to do with some driver since windows does not freeze..

Everything is now working fine so I can only assume that the problem was the motherboard, wether it was a flawed Bios or a damaged board I cannot tell. 

I hope ASRock fixes this problem quickly.

I'm sorry I cannot really help you!

Edited by sebag - 20 Mar 2018 at 4:12am
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:17am
Lurdk,
You must check the he installed the 3.6 bridge first, he may have gone straight to 4.5/5 and seen succes on BIOS install and assumed working ok..........You must get a definite answer on which BIOS  and how, and how tested.
and try another HDMI cable to monitor

Edited by stree - 20 Mar 2018 at 3:18am
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B
lurdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:06am
Hi

I just wanted to notify that I have the same problem. 

Did you manage to find the source of the problem?

In my case:
The shop has upgraded my BIOS to the newest version, although I didn't see proof, nor could they tell me which version it was upgraded to.
I will call the guy who did it tomorrow and ask directly, supposedly it should be ready for Ryzen 2200G since this was the agreement with the tech guy. Even told him it should be flashed twice in order to be the latest.

When I got home and reassembled my components it did nothing just like the 1st time i tried (before BIOS upgrade). 
Now I have been scouring tho www to see if anyone had a solution to it... this post was the most informational on the topic, since such in depth troubleshooting has been done. 

I am booting without a dedicated GPU and i get no signal to my monitor. The boards turns on fan starts, then it shuts down after 3-5 seconds. 

My next move is to lend a dedicated GPU to attach to it. Also find a speaker to hear any beeps from mobo. I will have to try to use a sata ssd instead of m2.

Again the perculiar thing is that the shop also managed to make the motherboard work.
Is my Ryzen broken? Did you manage to test your CPU in another rig?

My spec:
Ryzen 2200G APU
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac (Flashed by retailer to support raven ridge)
Crucial MX300 SSD M.2 2280 - 525GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 DC 16GB
sebag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:50am
So I got the a6-9500 (not the used one off ebay, but a new one from a store) and.. still nothing!!

I tried with one RAM, with, 2, with the 4pin PU, with the 8pin PU, with the extra graphic card, with 2 different monitors.. nada. I guess my mainboard is just broken? but then again, how did the shop manage to make it work!?

I tried to call the tech support but it wasn't really helpful, they said I should just send it in once again since they don't know who was working on it...
I'm really thinking about returning everything and try again with new components.

JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:57pm
I wasn't being deliberately pedantic. It's just that some people might already have access to a Bristol Ridge Ryzen and therefore wouldn't need to go looking for a Bristol Ridge APU.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
NedCAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NedCAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
JohnM, you're right, I didn't pick my words the best way.

The ONLY two ways to do the BIOS update to 4.43 is:
  • With an AM4 socket APU that is NOT Raven Ridge Ryzen 2200G / 2400G or...
  • With an AM4 socket CPU with a separate graphics card.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic