ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fong Kai Computer Case

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DunGoneNuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fong Kai Computer Case
    Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:35am
Hello again...

Building a new system/box/gaming/working or whatever names they come under these days, computer.  The last computer I built which required replacing the case was some 20 years ago or so.  Anyways, back then I purchased a Fong Kai tool-less case and it has been going strong ever since.

So now I want to purchase another new Fong Kai case for my build but am having a most difficult time finding a source for the case only as the Fong Kai in Carrollwood Texas is a distributor and not a retail seller for these cases.

Anyways, does anyone know of a source for the Fong Kai case only?

I can not speak highly enough of these cases.  Sturdy, tool-less, and most important, quiet with fantastic air flow.  A commercial grade case that is excellent for home use.

Any help appreciated.
Ryzen 9 5900X
ASRock X370 Taichi
G Skill F4-3200
MSI Armor 2070
MSI SPATIUM 1TB M2
WD 1TB M2
Crucial 500 SSD
Corsair AX860i PSU
Corsair H115Pro WB
Phanteks Enthoo Pro SE
margaspeak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote margaspeak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 4:00pm
I am honestly not familiar with the products by Fong Kai. 
MikeBE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:59pm
You know, 20 years is a long time in the computer world.

Did you run a Google search? Here is the company's website:
http://www.fongkai.com/usa_products.html

Browsing the site, it's not clear that it is involved in consumer products anymore. It looks like the company makes machines that make products.

Some of the computer cases that are shown look fairly old.

I would check out Newegg's selection.

Lately, I'm partial to Fractal Design, which have removable drive bays and filters over every place that air might be pulled into the case. Plus, they use a minimalist design, which I favor.

PCPartPicker (https://pcpartpicker.com/) is a cool site, because it allows you to match your motherboard with a case that will fit the motherboard, if you aren't familiar with the latest offerings.

Edited by MikeBE - 07 Mar 2018 at 11:01pm
-Mike Elek
http://photographytoday.net
DunGoneNuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DunGoneNuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:18am
Yeah, I know.  I contacted them with no response.  I also contacted a computer builder that uses Fong Kai cases exclusively with no response.  So I decided to go with a Phanteks Enthoo  Pro Special Edition and I really like it.  The fans are super quiet and it is a well made case so I am happy with it.  Being black with a white interior, it matches my ASRock Taichi board better than anything else I could have found.

Mods can close this thread as it is no longer relevant.

Thanks to all.
Ryzen 9 5900X
ASRock X370 Taichi
G Skill F4-3200
MSI Armor 2070
MSI SPATIUM 1TB M2
WD 1TB M2
Crucial 500 SSD
Corsair AX860i PSU
Corsair H115Pro WB
Phanteks Enthoo Pro SE
 Post Reply Post Reply