ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350M Pro4 - Freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jackzone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 7:18am
THIS WHAT WORKED FOR ME

1.download bios from website (flash version) - install from usb stick not windows(check that the vestion is good with your proccesor). [not recommended to download it to the flash drive on the crashing pc files can get corrupted - download it on othe pc and then plug the flash drive to your pc to update the bios]

2.go inside the BIOS and look for ram speed change to auto and see if it is compatible with your ram (highest, compatible)

3.check that XMP profile is off and that its on auto

-if its off and you cant change the ram speed like i think it would be:

4.if everything is on auto and the ram speed is not same as you want and capable - turn on xmp profile but watch all voltage and settings are ok and not red(make sure its on auto[you can manually write "auto" to change it to auto) because this will cause a crash and data corruption in windows - so now you can choose different ram speed just watch the voltage.

MAINLY install from flash and watch that the settings are on auto specially the voltage but the ram speed you can change i think only if you choose the xmp profile (*load xmp setting IN *oc tweaker - bios manu)

the second i load xmp i see 1.35v in red on one of the configuration and this cause data corruption in widows for me because the ram wont work as it should(this what happens when the ram is not working properly)
so i changed this voltage configuration to auto

it took me 3 days to figure that out, hope that work.

also if it does not work try to manual change all the setting in the BIOS - OC TWEAKER to the Default settings(which i dont know because it is different for every build)

make sure windows files are ok after u fixed the bios, with:
first with - dism tool in admin command prompt (look short guid on google)

and 2nd if didn't finish successfully:

sfc /scannow

its a system file check, could take some time 10 min to 30 depends on the problem.

if you managed to finish the restore procces properly restart the pc play a game or run a short test with msi kombuster(graphic stress test) and after this run this on admin:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

-just to check that everything is ok and does not get currupted again.

you can also just format the pc.(make sure you dont make the windows image installation on the same pc that have the problem) - you can download windows strait from windows site and buy serial key on ebay for 5 usd max(no problems and using 6 months + all reviews are good check the reviews :)

BTW i have asrock b450m pro4
also i think i managed to short circuit my usb i think because i forgot to put spacers in one side (the left side of the mobo) but everything is good now only when i change to xmp without the fix

sorry for the long post.

chuchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm
Just RMA it. I had mine RMA'd and it's now working fine. The bios sticker(physical) on the bios is P4.20 I think. Make sure it's P4.+ and above.
Ryzen 5 2400G
AsRock AB350M Pro4
8gb G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200Mhz
Samsung 850 Evo 250Gb
1TB Seagate Barracuda
TT Tough Power Grand 750W RGB
Leeouque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeouque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 2:55pm
Any news, guys? Anybody tried latest BIOS?
AeroE6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AeroE6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 5:57pm
Update, I just sent my mobo for RMA because it's really hanging no matter what I do.
Future aerospace engineer; first time pc builder
chuchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 9:38am
Hey guys. I also had the freezing problems earlier. I got it RMA'd and replaced. Now it has been 2 weeks and is not freezing. Aside from the BSODs which I think is memory stability problems from XMP, everything seems fine. I got the P4.70 Bios sticker on the MOBO. You guys gotta check yours. I think the Mobos with BIOS version lower than P4.50 was just upgraded by the distributor and these causes some problems.
Ryzen 5 2400G
AsRock AB350M Pro4
8gb G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200Mhz
Samsung 850 Evo 250Gb
1TB Seagate Barracuda
TT Tough Power Grand 750W RGB
AeroE6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AeroE6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:55am
Will a more expensive and efficient PSU help me overclock? I am nearly deciding to have my motherboard replaced due to the freezing. It's just too annoying. Plus, without the overclocking capability (from the freezing), I could have just bought an A320.
AeroE6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AeroE6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:50am
Hey I just recently seen this forum and I'm also in a desperate moment to find the solution to this. I just built my new pc for 1 week and it had been freezing since day 2.

Here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 2400g
Asrock AB350m Pro4
G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 MHz CL16
WD Green SSD 240 gb
Aerocool VX 500W OEM PSU

I've been struggling to make a stable system with overclocking. At first I tried overclocking on the BIOS by setting the ram on XMP but I would always get blue screens and freezing so I set it to 2133 MHz and disabled XMP. Next I tried the CPU Speed set to around 3.7GHz with a voltage of 1.3v. Still getting freezing and blue screens. Next I tried it on Ryzen Master but I would still get frequent freezing. So my system would always have a hard reboot and the freezing just won't stop. I put everything to default but still the freezing occurs. I changed the ram slots from A2 and B2 to A1 and B1 but the freezing became more frequent. So what I did was reseat everything, clear the CMOS, wait for a few minutes, and I guess it's pretty stable by now. I just don't have it overclocked though. Maybe I cannot overclock due to my standard PSU. I'll update more if I still experience freezing.
ryzone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:25am
Hi guys. I'm having a weird problem with my PC and after trying a lot of fixes and researching it, I'm starting to believe its the motherboard. I have an asrock ab350M Pro4.

First I thought it was some drivers issues. I'll copy my posts from the Steam forum. The initial post was before I suspected the motherboard.

Originally posted by posted on steam posted on steam wrote:

My PC crashes or freezes when I play some games. It's not completely random because it happens to some games and doesn't affect other games. I've had this problem for a few months but it seems to get worse in the last couple of months.

I'm almost sure it's not a hardware problem. And I know its not temperature related. After a lot of research, I'm convinced it's related to drivers. But I've uninstalled and updated both the audio and graphic drivers and still have the problem.

It's weird because it affects different games on different ways. Or maybe the PC has more than one problem. It first started with the game They are billions. In this game the pc freezes while making weird noises (coming from the speakers), I can't alt tab or ctrl alt del and need a physical restart. Playing PUBG the game freezes but the PC usually restart by itself. Now I started playing dying light and I can play without problems, but sometimes the PC restart when I quit the game. Playing Doom and Ghost recon wildlands I didn't have almost any crashes.

Amd ryzen 1600
Radeon Rx580 4gb nitro
2x 8gb ram
Ssd for windows and regular HD for most games.
550w corsair PSU
Asrock Ab350m pro4
Windows 10

It's not overheating unless the sensors are all messed up. I've checked with 2 different softwares.

Some updates:

Yesterday I reinstalled all drivers, even went into safe mode and used DDU. The problem was still present.

Today I reinstalled windows... and reinstalled the updated drivers. So if it was a software problem, this should fix it right? But it didn't. I was testing the computer, playing PUBG and it has just restarted after +- half an hour of playing time.

I updated the motherboard bios. Didn't try it before cause I was afraid to damage the motherboard but it seems it's already damaged so..
And it didn't help. Just crashed after a few minutes in They are billions. This time the screen went black when it froze. It usually freezes and display the current image. At least in this game.

I also tried disabling Ryzen power management. Didn't work.

I ran memtest86 over the night. It completed 2 passes and had 0 errors.
I also ran Prime95 and 3dmark with 0 crashes.

Today I've played Daying light for a couple of hours with no problems. Then I played They Are Billions for less than half hour and the PC froze. I already uninstalled and reinstalled this game.. Yesterday I was going to play this game and it froze right at the game home screen.

So what do you guys think? Could this be a motherboard problem? What else could it be?
kasperinline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasperinline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:29am
After my RMA, my new board has been up, running for 4 days, without no freeze-problems

Bootloop disappeared after XMP-profil was set to auto instead of XMP-profile 2.0

tch23987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tch23987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:26pm
I saw there was a workaround solution to fix freezing issues in Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy53NpcRiz4

Did any one try this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 34>
  Share Topic