ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350M Pro4 - Freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 34>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corianderpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:55pm
Hi, I bought this MOBO back in November although I didn't build my PC until January and I suspect that I might be having the same issues but wanted to check with the forum here as I'm a newbie to PC building. 

Since the first couple of weeks of building my PC it has intermittently frozen on the screen so that the PC is completly unresponsive, my PC doesn't crash and it does come back eventually but locks up fairly frequently to make it a problem. This seems to happen whether i'm gaming or just doing non-intensive browsing of the internet. Does this sound like the same issue?

Any idea what the recourse is with this? I purchased the motherboard from Amazon in the UK.

Thanks
eddie55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:23pm
My PC freezes only in desktop.... I can play 3d games all day and it won't freeze but will randomly freeze while on my desktop
corianderpanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corianderpanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:40pm
This is both for me, gaming or just on the desktop. Seems to happen more frequently the longer I use my computer.
eddie55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 12:36am
nope mine happens whenever... has happened right after boot.. and has happened in the desktop after a 2 hour gaming session... 
i recommend everyone first try and update BIOS to the latest version and make sure they drop thier RAM clock speed to standard values that are not OC... but at this point i really dont know and am contemplating what new board to buy as a replacement
Jaume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 5:53pm
Just another one with the same problem: Asrock B350M PRO4 with Ryzen5 2400g freezing randomly.

Updated windows to 1803(April's update) and still got freezes.

Uninstalled asrock graphic drivers and installed AMD latest. No changes.

Tried several bios: 4.50, 4.70, even beta 4.82. Freezes continue.

Fiddled with several bios settings with no luck.

Now it seems to be working for a couple of hours under stress, much better than before when I was never able to finish SiSoft Sandra Benchmark. 

My current setup: Bios 4.70 With defaults.

Changed the VCC voltage to fixed 1.4.

Changed Clock to a fixed value (default was 3600) tried 3500 and 3700 and both seem to work.

In my bios there's no option for adjusting RAM voltage, so no more changes.

The temperatures seems OK, the highest one is "Package Node" measured with CPUID HWMonitor reaching 94ºC all the core temperatures under 55ºC.

I have a new Ryzen 5 2400g, so perhaps the problem is not the same with all of you who got Ryzen1.

I'll keep updating if freezes reappear.

Edit: Oooops After a couple of hours of prime95+FurMark has frozen again.
Now trying to enable just one c-state (as advised in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy53NpcRiz4) and checking....

Edit: Also freezing. Run out of ideas!!! (apart from RMAing)

Edited by Jaume - 07 Jun 2018 at 7:17pm
benzsport357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benzsport357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:13pm
[URL=][/URL]And now what should i do with this board ?
Did anyone try with ram for ryzen ?

Edited by benzsport357 - 07 Jun 2018 at 7:20pm
eddie55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:22pm
Please try lowering your ram to 2133 just for fun and see if it stops freezing...... and check the list of supported ram and what it runs at in the support page
benzsport357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benzsport357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:46pm
i try 1866 no luck
eddie55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:55pm
I can tell you that i was running BIOS 4.7 for a long time and no matter what the computer would lock up if i left it on by itself for a few hours....but it wouldnt lock up when playing intense 3d games....

i updated to the latest BETA BIOS 4.83 and so far it has been on for nearly 24 hours on the desktop without crashing so thats an improvement....

I have yet to play any sort of 3D intense game but it never locked up before so that shouldnt be a problem...

PLEASE remember to RESET your bios settings to default BEFORE and AFTER you flash your computer to the newest beta bios....

Drop your memory to 2133 just for testing...

Make sure your memory is compatible as listed here...

Let me know how it goes....

Oh BTW im running Kubuntu 18.04 so no idea if its hardware or OS based for you

Jaume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 8:32pm
Thank you eddie55. I've already tried lowering RAM and Beta 4.83.

The memory is compatible, after some problems with memory in previous build tried to be on the safe side.

Will try to reflash 4.83, decrease RAM speed and enable just one c-state as a last check.

I'll also remove all the drivers Radeon and Realtek and see how it goes.

Edit: No luck!! Going to RMA it and go for a Gigabyte A-AB350M-Gaming 3 which I have already used in other builds.

Edited by Jaume - 07 Jun 2018 at 11:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 34>
  Share Topic